Thursday, 2 June 2011

Sex & The City day in New York..

Day 3 continued....
Prior to picking up the coach for my Sex & the City tour I perused the windows at Bergdorff Goodman & took a little trip to Tiffany's ( well it would be rude not to!)completely fell in love with the blue typewriter.... do you think Carrie would have typed on one of these before her Mac?
Bergdorff &Goodman windows were stunning ,worshipping at the altar of Chanel. Bergdorff's is the store that the girls meet at in the 2nd movie for gift purchasing for Stanford & Antony's wedding.

So onto the Tour!..... picked up outside the Plaza by the fountain... the spot where Carrie see's Big's wife Natasha for the first time!...
after the 'rule's' from Amy (tour guide) (lots of fun required and not for the faint hearted!) the tour took us down 5th ave towards our first stop ... New York City Library (one of my favourite places in NY) where the wedding that didn't happen was set... & past the road where Big is hit with the wedding bouquet.

Moving on more sites are pointed out from several episodes with accompanying clips shown on Tv sets in the bus.The next stop was at the famous "Pleasure Chest" shop, where Charlotte met and fell in love with "The Rabbit"... much fun and frivolity was had in here.....once we were led away from the "toys"our coach then took us through the meat-packing district home of Samantha Jones to Buddakan...the site for Carrie & Bigs rehearsal dinner and Carries "Last Single Girl" kiss....(stunning room and would go back for dinner on the next trip)
Our next stop saw us in Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village home of the cupcake and just round the corner from Carries brownstone. Half hour to explore this neighbourhood and taste a complimentary cupcake. (Carries lived on the Upper East Side, but those familiar with NY will know that there are no brownstones on the Upper East Side, so exterior shots were filmed in Perry Street which also just happens
to be around the corner from the real home of Sarah Jessica Parker)...
after much exploration we headed across to the Little Italy area to Aiden's bar "Scout" (O'Neills in real life) on Mulberry Street where we were met with a bar of Cosmopolitans....

much effort was now required to get us all back on the bus before heading uptown to our final stop at Bryant Park (Home of NY fashion week and Carries mini melt down in those Dolce pants) and the HBO store.
This was a great girlie tour ..... Amy the tour guide was fab (very much a jobbing actress & probably beats waiting tables) and interacted with the party with much fun & knowledgment....
The company offers several tours, including NY Movies, & Gossip Girl, but this was probably my fav!

5 comments:

Michela said...

I can hear Victoria's excitement for those Tiffany and Chanel's shop windows from here! ;0)
Can you believe that I've never watched SATC?! I'm feeling like an alien! :-)
x

Archies Mum said...

You are making me soooo jealous. We also went on the Sex & the City tour many years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm glad that they have kept up with the times and added extras to the tour. We went to Scout and the you know what shop;), I bought myself a little blue bag with fur around the top (not for going out with I promise), but had to buy something. Also on our tour there was someone who used to act in The Sopranos (sorry but I didn't have a clue who he was as I hadn't watched it), are you ready for this..... selling Sex and the City t-shirts from the trunk (yes how USA is that) of his car. Can you believe that, and yes I bought one (doesn't fit me now, those American sizes are so weird... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol). Loving reading about your trip.

Joana said...

wow Teresa sounds like you are having a great time great photos , i'm loving reading your journey around NY
Hugs
Joana

Florence and Mary said...

I've always wondered what these tours are like so glad to hear from someone whose been on one.

Isn't the HBO store great, it's where I brought my "Love" keyring,

Victoria xx

Ellie said...

hello there! it's Ellie here, we met the other day at Cake Boy with Eric Lanlard. Very nice blog <3
XXXX

Thursday, 2 June 2011

Sex & The City day in New York..

Day 3 continued....
Prior to picking up the coach for my Sex & the City tour I perused the windows at Bergdorff Goodman & took a little trip to Tiffany's ( well it would be rude not to!)completely fell in love with the blue typewriter.... do you think Carrie would have typed on one of these before her Mac?
Bergdorff &Goodman windows were stunning ,worshipping at the altar of Chanel. Bergdorff's is the store that the girls meet at in the 2nd movie for gift purchasing for Stanford & Antony's wedding.

So onto the Tour!..... picked up outside the Plaza by the fountain... the spot where Carrie see's Big's wife Natasha for the first time!...
after the 'rule's' from Amy (tour guide) (lots of fun required and not for the faint hearted!) the tour took us down 5th ave towards our first stop ... New York City Library (one of my favourite places in NY) where the wedding that didn't happen was set... & past the road where Big is hit with the wedding bouquet.

Moving on more sites are pointed out from several episodes with accompanying clips shown on Tv sets in the bus.The next stop was at the famous "Pleasure Chest" shop, where Charlotte met and fell in love with "The Rabbit"... much fun and frivolity was had in here.....once we were led away from the "toys"our coach then took us through the meat-packing district home of Samantha Jones to Buddakan...the site for Carrie & Bigs rehearsal dinner and Carries "Last Single Girl" kiss....(stunning room and would go back for dinner on the next trip)
Our next stop saw us in Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village home of the cupcake and just round the corner from Carries brownstone. Half hour to explore this neighbourhood and taste a complimentary cupcake. (Carries lived on the Upper East Side, but those familiar with NY will know that there are no brownstones on the Upper East Side, so exterior shots were filmed in Perry Street which also just happens
to be around the corner from the real home of Sarah Jessica Parker)...
after much exploration we headed across to the Little Italy area to Aiden's bar "Scout" (O'Neills in real life) on Mulberry Street where we were met with a bar of Cosmopolitans....

much effort was now required to get us all back on the bus before heading uptown to our final stop at Bryant Park (Home of NY fashion week and Carries mini melt down in those Dolce pants) and the HBO store.
This was a great girlie tour ..... Amy the tour guide was fab (very much a jobbing actress & probably beats waiting tables) and interacted with the party with much fun & knowledgment....
The company offers several tours, including NY Movies, & Gossip Girl, but this was probably my fav!

5 comments:

Michela said...

I can hear Victoria's excitement for those Tiffany and Chanel's shop windows from here! ;0)
Can you believe that I've never watched SATC?! I'm feeling like an alien! :-)
x

Archies Mum said...

You are making me soooo jealous. We also went on the Sex & the City tour many years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm glad that they have kept up with the times and added extras to the tour. We went to Scout and the you know what shop;), I bought myself a little blue bag with fur around the top (not for going out with I promise), but had to buy something. Also on our tour there was someone who used to act in The Sopranos (sorry but I didn't have a clue who he was as I hadn't watched it), are you ready for this..... selling Sex and the City t-shirts from the trunk (yes how USA is that) of his car. Can you believe that, and yes I bought one (doesn't fit me now, those American sizes are so weird... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol). Loving reading about your trip.

Joana said...

wow Teresa sounds like you are having a great time great photos , i'm loving reading your journey around NY
Hugs
Joana

Florence and Mary said...

I've always wondered what these tours are like so glad to hear from someone whose been on one.

Isn't the HBO store great, it's where I brought my "Love" keyring,

Victoria xx

Ellie said...

hello there! it's Ellie here, we met the other day at Cake Boy with Eric Lanlard. Very nice blog <3
XXXX