Monday, 4 January 2010

A Holiday to dream about.....

As today is probably the first day back to work for some of you I thought i would share a little treat to brighten a dull January morning!
January is always the time when we start to think or book our holidays for the year, from Boxing day and through the festive season we become deluged with holiday adverts.... it gives us something to look forward to..... however if we got to spend our holidays with this gorgeous man, it would make our holidays even more special!.. I am of course talking about the Thomas Cook advert featuring the Redknapps! it may be a little twee, but the eye candy far surpasses that! I met this couple some weeks ago, they were both gorgeous, & glamorous and a really lovely couple.....
In 2009 I had a long weekend in the Lake District. I hadn't been to this part of the country and was blown away by the scenery it was beautiful. I would definitely make a trip back... and of course I had an unexpected week in New York, which was amazing.

The Top 10 Holiday destinations are
1. South Africa ~ Home of the 2010 World Cup.
2. Vancouver ~ home of the Winter Olympics
3. Croatia ~ a beautiful part of the Balkans
4. Lake District ~ stunning part of the UK and featured in a new TV series
5. Las Vegas ~ a resurgence in Stag weekends following the success of The Hangover!
6. Abu Dhabi ~ often overshadowed by Dubai... now featuring it's own Grand Prix circuit!
7. Istanbul ~ European city of Culture 2010 and outside of the euro currency a draw for all.
8. Morocco (Marrakesh) ~ watch the bookings rise following the release of Sex & the City2 ~ Girls weekends away.
9. Egypt ~ offers both stunning culture & history and amazing beach resorts.
10. Newport Wales ~ home of the Ryder Cup!


I am planning a couple of weekends away in 2010, and hoping to go to New York for Christmas!... not sure how the finance fairy is going to pay for it but we can all dream can't we!... have you booked your holiday yet?... where is your dream location?....

4 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

I'm definitely slacking this year!! I only have one holiday booked so far!!! To Italy for a month or so in July!!
xxxx

Archies Mum said...

Hi Teresa, me again. We've already booked a holiday (in fact we booked it last year). We are going again to Northumberland. We just love the sea and beaches (but it could also be because the dog loves it too). My dream holiday would be to see Blue whales, icebergs, polar bears in their natural habitat and going on a husky ride wrapped in a big fur coat. I'd also love to see the Northern lights. Maybe sometime. You must definitely go back to the lakes as it has so much beautiful scenery.

Kelly said...

I just booke to go to Egypt in May! Can't wait! now if I can only loose enough weight to look like Louise.........any suggestion?

Florence and Mary said...

Mum and I should hopefully been booking our trip to NY very soon and fingers crossed I'll be going to Las Vegas again in December but time will tell on that one!

Victoria xx

Monday, 4 January 2010

A Holiday to dream about.....

As today is probably the first day back to work for some of you I thought i would share a little treat to brighten a dull January morning!
January is always the time when we start to think or book our holidays for the year, from Boxing day and through the festive season we become deluged with holiday adverts.... it gives us something to look forward to..... however if we got to spend our holidays with this gorgeous man, it would make our holidays even more special!.. I am of course talking about the Thomas Cook advert featuring the Redknapps! it may be a little twee, but the eye candy far surpasses that! I met this couple some weeks ago, they were both gorgeous, & glamorous and a really lovely couple.....
In 2009 I had a long weekend in the Lake District. I hadn't been to this part of the country and was blown away by the scenery it was beautiful. I would definitely make a trip back... and of course I had an unexpected week in New York, which was amazing.

The Top 10 Holiday destinations are
1. South Africa ~ Home of the 2010 World Cup.
2. Vancouver ~ home of the Winter Olympics
3. Croatia ~ a beautiful part of the Balkans
4. Lake District ~ stunning part of the UK and featured in a new TV series
5. Las Vegas ~ a resurgence in Stag weekends following the success of The Hangover!
6. Abu Dhabi ~ often overshadowed by Dubai... now featuring it's own Grand Prix circuit!
7. Istanbul ~ European city of Culture 2010 and outside of the euro currency a draw for all.
8. Morocco (Marrakesh) ~ watch the bookings rise following the release of Sex & the City2 ~ Girls weekends away.
9. Egypt ~ offers both stunning culture & history and amazing beach resorts.
10. Newport Wales ~ home of the Ryder Cup!


I am planning a couple of weekends away in 2010, and hoping to go to New York for Christmas!... not sure how the finance fairy is going to pay for it but we can all dream can't we!... have you booked your holiday yet?... where is your dream location?....

4 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

I'm definitely slacking this year!! I only have one holiday booked so far!!! To Italy for a month or so in July!!
xxxx

Archies Mum said...

Hi Teresa, me again. We've already booked a holiday (in fact we booked it last year). We are going again to Northumberland. We just love the sea and beaches (but it could also be because the dog loves it too). My dream holiday would be to see Blue whales, icebergs, polar bears in their natural habitat and going on a husky ride wrapped in a big fur coat. I'd also love to see the Northern lights. Maybe sometime. You must definitely go back to the lakes as it has so much beautiful scenery.

Kelly said...

I just booke to go to Egypt in May! Can't wait! now if I can only loose enough weight to look like Louise.........any suggestion?

Florence and Mary said...

Mum and I should hopefully been booking our trip to NY very soon and fingers crossed I'll be going to Las Vegas again in December but time will tell on that one!

Victoria xx