Sunday, 10 January 2010

A Week of Hibernation!....

as the country has been blanketed in snow... I've spent a week in hibernation.... only venturing out for work and the rest of it under a duvet watching TV!....
London was relatively snow free, however that doesn't help when the surrounding counties are snow covered and frozen! and you have to explain why it takes so long to travel 20 miles! As you can imagine the commute was long and often very cold! therefore I have read 1 of my "books to eat" this year and another charity find.
My charity find was Recipe for Disaster by Miriam Morrison, a fab read that i just loved. A cynical journalist undercover as a waitress in a restaurant... can she write a scoop or be side-tracked by the chef?... mmmmm very yummy!
and the second in the I Y series... Angela's off to Hollywood to interview a heart-throb actor! in I Y Hollywood, this is follow on from I Y New York by Lindsey Kelk which is just fabulous! Much recommended, it filled some long journeys on the district line last week!
Last monday my friend and I went to the theatre, we went to see The Priory, which I raved about before Christmas. I enjoyed it as much even though I had seen it previously. We had dinner in a small restaurant in Sloane Square before the theatre and the very talented Rachael Stirling who is in the play was on the accompanying table learning her lines for the forthcoming A Midsummer Night's dream, starring Judi Dench. She was lovely and gave us lots of gossip on the cast! The play finishes on the 16th Jan and all performances are now sold out.... all in all a quiet week, hope everyone is well and have survived the snow!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

It's certainly been perfect hibernation weather!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

That sounds lovely Teresa under a duvet watching the telly. Its a shame that work has to spoil it. Can't wait to see the back of this white stuff. In Merseyside were I live it still hasn't gone but its more like a big slush puppy now (and they are promising more on the way) - lets hope they are wrong. Like the sound of your reads, I may have to copy again lol x

Kelly said...

Oh hibernation seems like a good idea hunni!
I apologise about the state of the District line :)
You are such a celeb magnet! ha ha I love hearing about your jaunts xxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I am not sorry that I have been stuck in doors this week!!!
xxxx

Sunday, 10 January 2010

A Week of Hibernation!....

as the country has been blanketed in snow... I've spent a week in hibernation.... only venturing out for work and the rest of it under a duvet watching TV!....
London was relatively snow free, however that doesn't help when the surrounding counties are snow covered and frozen! and you have to explain why it takes so long to travel 20 miles! As you can imagine the commute was long and often very cold! therefore I have read 1 of my "books to eat" this year and another charity find.
My charity find was Recipe for Disaster by Miriam Morrison, a fab read that i just loved. A cynical journalist undercover as a waitress in a restaurant... can she write a scoop or be side-tracked by the chef?... mmmmm very yummy!
and the second in the I Y series... Angela's off to Hollywood to interview a heart-throb actor! in I Y Hollywood, this is follow on from I Y New York by Lindsey Kelk which is just fabulous! Much recommended, it filled some long journeys on the district line last week!
Last monday my friend and I went to the theatre, we went to see The Priory, which I raved about before Christmas. I enjoyed it as much even though I had seen it previously. We had dinner in a small restaurant in Sloane Square before the theatre and the very talented Rachael Stirling who is in the play was on the accompanying table learning her lines for the forthcoming A Midsummer Night's dream, starring Judi Dench. She was lovely and gave us lots of gossip on the cast! The play finishes on the 16th Jan and all performances are now sold out.... all in all a quiet week, hope everyone is well and have survived the snow!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

It's certainly been perfect hibernation weather!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

That sounds lovely Teresa under a duvet watching the telly. Its a shame that work has to spoil it. Can't wait to see the back of this white stuff. In Merseyside were I live it still hasn't gone but its more like a big slush puppy now (and they are promising more on the way) - lets hope they are wrong. Like the sound of your reads, I may have to copy again lol x

Kelly said...

Oh hibernation seems like a good idea hunni!
I apologise about the state of the District line :)
You are such a celeb magnet! ha ha I love hearing about your jaunts xxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I am not sorry that I have been stuck in doors this week!!!
xxxx