Friday, 3 December 2010

Taste of Christmas....

Today i had an indulgent day off work. As a treat my friend had booked for four of us to go to "Taste of Christmas" at the Excel centre in Docklands. As one of my friends hasn't started her Christmas shopping, this was a kick start for her...
There was some fabulous wares on offer, as the designated driver I oped out of all the alcoholic tastings.. but the girls did a half hour beer tasting courtesy of Waitrose.. and discovered a fabulous Gin called Berkeley & Bloom, and a chocolate wine....
Alongside the alcoholic beverages there was numerous foods for Christmas on offer including some lovely sweets & treats. There was also a demo chef area, where celebrity chefs were cooking with chocolate!... Anthony Worral Thompson made Chilli chocolate brownies, Christmas chocolate & cranberry cheesecake trifle and Hot Chocolate.. mmmmm very yummy. Talking of yummy the very scrummy Jean Christoph Novelli made Chicken with chocolate & wine, which smelt gorgeous.
I got a little side tracked at the Tate & Lyle stand, demoing Christmas cupcakes!...

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Such a shame I didn't know that Vegas would be cancelled otherwise I would've been booking tickets for this myself!

Glad you had fun,

Victoria xxx

Caroline said...

Love your Christmas journal idea. This day out sounds just perfect - all that lovely food! So sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you on recent trip to London - I just ran out of time, and it was a v short visit. Will definitely try and meet up next year xx

Archies Mum said...

That sounds like a brilliant thing to go and see. It really inspires you to get cooking doesn't it. Hope you enjoyed it and spent lots of money.

Friday, 3 December 2010

Taste of Christmas....

Today i had an indulgent day off work. As a treat my friend had booked for four of us to go to "Taste of Christmas" at the Excel centre in Docklands. As one of my friends hasn't started her Christmas shopping, this was a kick start for her...
There was some fabulous wares on offer, as the designated driver I oped out of all the alcoholic tastings.. but the girls did a half hour beer tasting courtesy of Waitrose.. and discovered a fabulous Gin called Berkeley & Bloom, and a chocolate wine....
Alongside the alcoholic beverages there was numerous foods for Christmas on offer including some lovely sweets & treats. There was also a demo chef area, where celebrity chefs were cooking with chocolate!... Anthony Worral Thompson made Chilli chocolate brownies, Christmas chocolate & cranberry cheesecake trifle and Hot Chocolate.. mmmmm very yummy. Talking of yummy the very scrummy Jean Christoph Novelli made Chicken with chocolate & wine, which smelt gorgeous.
I got a little side tracked at the Tate & Lyle stand, demoing Christmas cupcakes!...

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Such a shame I didn't know that Vegas would be cancelled otherwise I would've been booking tickets for this myself!

Glad you had fun,

Victoria xxx

Caroline said...

Love your Christmas journal idea. This day out sounds just perfect - all that lovely food! So sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you on recent trip to London - I just ran out of time, and it was a v short visit. Will definitely try and meet up next year xx

Archies Mum said...

That sounds like a brilliant thing to go and see. It really inspires you to get cooking doesn't it. Hope you enjoyed it and spent lots of money.