Saturday, 5 March 2011

A Night at the Opera..

Friday evening saw me at the beautiful Royal Albert Hall to watch a performance of Puccini's Madame Butterfly.
This was my first foray into a full scale Opera and I loved it. The opera is performed in the round and is set upon a water garden which is magical. As with most opera's no happy ending but a rollercoaster of emotions throughout.
I went with my friend who out of all us is the most cultured!... we dined in the brasserie before hand which was lovely, it was nice to de-stress from work before the performance started.
A lovely evening... and who knows possibly my next foray into the operatic world will be Verona!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

How very sophisticated of you!

Going to see an opera is on my list of things to do.

Victoria x

Caroline said...

Wow, you culture vulture, you! xx

Saturday, 5 March 2011

A Night at the Opera..

Friday evening saw me at the beautiful Royal Albert Hall to watch a performance of Puccini's Madame Butterfly.
This was my first foray into a full scale Opera and I loved it. The opera is performed in the round and is set upon a water garden which is magical. As with most opera's no happy ending but a rollercoaster of emotions throughout.
I went with my friend who out of all us is the most cultured!... we dined in the brasserie before hand which was lovely, it was nice to de-stress from work before the performance started.
A lovely evening... and who knows possibly my next foray into the operatic world will be Verona!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

How very sophisticated of you!

Going to see an opera is on my list of things to do.

Victoria x

Caroline said...

Wow, you culture vulture, you! xx