Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Pop-tastic evening

This week is a challenging week for me,for those that have followed my blog know that its the anniversary of the loss of my Gramps.... so determined not to wallow I have a week of feast and treats planned!...
After a trip to the cemetery yesterday I headed over to Islington where last night I had an evening of cake pops planned at The Make Lounge.
It was just the tonic that I needed. A great bunch of girls, lots of laughter and a great tutorial from the very talented Louise. (cake sculptor extraordinaire.. at lovetocake )... a great evening, highly recommended.
 A great array of workshops for all crafts, with a shop to drool over!
The workshop was lots of fun, Louise was very patient with us and was as equally in raptures with all our creations as was we!.... 7 cake pops made, using a range of techniques.... loving the apple and the pig!... For those not familiar with cake pops they are small balls of cake on a lolly stick coated in chocolate!..Mmmmm very yummy.
It was great to try something new, and a little different to cupcakes.....Thanks Louise, Ladies & Make Lounge for making a difficult day so much brighter.
Tx

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

It's 2 years since my nan passed on Thursday so I can completely understand needing to have some fun lined up! Looks like you've been doing some great things,

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

Wow!! looks like you have been up to some fun stuff!! Love your cake pops! You are so talented T!

Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Pop-tastic evening

This week is a challenging week for me,for those that have followed my blog know that its the anniversary of the loss of my Gramps.... so determined not to wallow I have a week of feast and treats planned!...
After a trip to the cemetery yesterday I headed over to Islington where last night I had an evening of cake pops planned at The Make Lounge.
It was just the tonic that I needed. A great bunch of girls, lots of laughter and a great tutorial from the very talented Louise. (cake sculptor extraordinaire.. at lovetocake )... a great evening, highly recommended.
 A great array of workshops for all crafts, with a shop to drool over!
The workshop was lots of fun, Louise was very patient with us and was as equally in raptures with all our creations as was we!.... 7 cake pops made, using a range of techniques.... loving the apple and the pig!... For those not familiar with cake pops they are small balls of cake on a lolly stick coated in chocolate!..Mmmmm very yummy.
It was great to try something new, and a little different to cupcakes.....Thanks Louise, Ladies & Make Lounge for making a difficult day so much brighter.
Tx

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

It's 2 years since my nan passed on Thursday so I can completely understand needing to have some fun lined up! Looks like you've been doing some great things,

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

Wow!! looks like you have been up to some fun stuff!! Love your cake pops! You are so talented T!