Thursday, 17 March 2011

Ssssh can I tell you a secret?

inside all us larger ladies is a skinny one fighting to get out!... and yesterday I think I fell on the solution!!... The Skinny French Kitchen by the very talented and equally glamorous Harry Eastwood.
 Anyone swept away by the need to live the life of Julia & Julia last year, this book MUST be an addition to your cook book collection... not only does it live the dream of french cooking but it also has a "Skinny Secret" for every recipe.
How fabulous is that?...
If I say that just opening the book to the first page had me hooked and that was prior to reading a recipe ... The inside cover is a crafters delight... vintage map of Paris embellished with luggage tags, keys & tickets... the need to now jump on the eurostar and head over to Paris to forage in the flea markets is quite high!.. all this prior to reading a recipe!
Talking of recipes, anyone who can give me the following:
* Bavette a l'Echalotte
 * Pommes de Terre Sautees
* Profiteroles au Chocolat
for 700 cals has me loading this book into my shopping basket.
Torn between so many mouthwatering recipes....mmmm which one is going to be made first? Loving the Skate with sauce vierge.

Harry was in work yesterday to launch her cupcakes (cupcake post to follow) and sign her new book .. I dashed down from desk very quickly between meeting's to meet and greet, exchange twitter details and grab a copy of this fabulous book.
I then spent the afternoon dribbling at each page, reminiscing Ladies that Lunch day in Paris last year and scouting websites to book a weekend in France for flea market finds and food!


  • Off now to compile shopping list for the weekend... Bon Appetit!!... recipe results will be posted next week!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for you to showcase some recipes!

Victoria x

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Ssssh can I tell you a secret?

inside all us larger ladies is a skinny one fighting to get out!... and yesterday I think I fell on the solution!!... The Skinny French Kitchen by the very talented and equally glamorous Harry Eastwood.
 Anyone swept away by the need to live the life of Julia & Julia last year, this book MUST be an addition to your cook book collection... not only does it live the dream of french cooking but it also has a "Skinny Secret" for every recipe.
How fabulous is that?...
If I say that just opening the book to the first page had me hooked and that was prior to reading a recipe ... The inside cover is a crafters delight... vintage map of Paris embellished with luggage tags, keys & tickets... the need to now jump on the eurostar and head over to Paris to forage in the flea markets is quite high!.. all this prior to reading a recipe!
Talking of recipes, anyone who can give me the following:
* Bavette a l'Echalotte
 * Pommes de Terre Sautees
* Profiteroles au Chocolat
for 700 cals has me loading this book into my shopping basket.
Torn between so many mouthwatering recipes....mmmm which one is going to be made first? Loving the Skate with sauce vierge.

Harry was in work yesterday to launch her cupcakes (cupcake post to follow) and sign her new book .. I dashed down from desk very quickly between meeting's to meet and greet, exchange twitter details and grab a copy of this fabulous book.
I then spent the afternoon dribbling at each page, reminiscing Ladies that Lunch day in Paris last year and scouting websites to book a weekend in France for flea market finds and food!


  • Off now to compile shopping list for the weekend... Bon Appetit!!... recipe results will be posted next week!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for you to showcase some recipes!

Victoria x