Tuesday, 26 April 2011

TV Cake feast...

Last night I had a TV cake feast!.... catching up on the Great British Wedding Cake and Eric Lanlards Baking Mad. Starting with the Great British Wedding Cake,where the 3 finalists from the Great British Bake-off were bought bake to complete 2 challenges. The first challenge to produce a 3 tiered wedding cake in 11 hours!.... not something I would advise or advocate but they all pulled it off. All three cakes were simplistic, although I really liked the boy who bakes design.
Second challenge was to design a contemporary cake, as the three bakers are so different in personality this is where they really put their own style in the design.
Macaron Tower, White chocolate & chocolate ganache cake and a Lemon Meringue Tower
I liked all three, the macarons looked amazing, the chocolate cake with the flowers was very pretty, and the meringue tower was really different, nice for a small garden wedding. Inter woven between the challenges was the history of the wedding cake... which was extremely interesting. A great viewing... nice to see Mary & Paul back on the box!

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

I watched this programme as well and it was really interesting, and their cakes were just amazing. To create cakes like theirs in such a short space of time wow. I actually saw Paul Hollywood in Liverpool a few weeks ago. It was one of those moments were someone walks past you and you think I know him from somewhere, then ping, ofcourse its the fella off Great British Bake Off (hubby couldn't help me with his name, but I did get it in the end) :)

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

TV Cake feast...

Last night I had a TV cake feast!.... catching up on the Great British Wedding Cake and Eric Lanlards Baking Mad. Starting with the Great British Wedding Cake,where the 3 finalists from the Great British Bake-off were bought bake to complete 2 challenges. The first challenge to produce a 3 tiered wedding cake in 11 hours!.... not something I would advise or advocate but they all pulled it off. All three cakes were simplistic, although I really liked the boy who bakes design.
Second challenge was to design a contemporary cake, as the three bakers are so different in personality this is where they really put their own style in the design.
Macaron Tower, White chocolate & chocolate ganache cake and a Lemon Meringue Tower
I liked all three, the macarons looked amazing, the chocolate cake with the flowers was very pretty, and the meringue tower was really different, nice for a small garden wedding. Inter woven between the challenges was the history of the wedding cake... which was extremely interesting. A great viewing... nice to see Mary & Paul back on the box!

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

I watched this programme as well and it was really interesting, and their cakes were just amazing. To create cakes like theirs in such a short space of time wow. I actually saw Paul Hollywood in Liverpool a few weeks ago. It was one of those moments were someone walks past you and you think I know him from somewhere, then ping, ofcourse its the fella off Great British Bake Off (hubby couldn't help me with his name, but I did get it in the end) :)