Thursday, 8 December 2011

A Grandfathers tale...

this year I have fallen in love with a magical Christmas story...  The Winter Carousel by David Melling.
The story is of a young boy and his grandfather and their discovery of a magical carousel in Central park.
It has also been the inspiration for this years Tiffany's windows, a variation is seen in all their stores but I am loving the 5th avenue windows the most!...

 would love to see them for real but can't have a Christmas in New York 2 years running!... will settle for the Bond street sights and Tiffany's skating rink at somerset house (story is being read at the Skating rink on selected days) Tiffany haven't released this book to buy, its only available by web. (think they have missed an opportunity of creating a beautiful legacy to hand down over generations.. ) it is beautiful and available here to read and listen to.
Today would have been my Gramps's birthday and this story tugged my heartstrings on the mutual love, between the little boy & his grandfather and I could imagine sharing this story with my Gramps, because Central park really is the most magical place to be in the snow....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My grandad was very special to me too. Sounds a wonderful Christmas story.

Thursday, 8 December 2011

A Grandfathers tale...

this year I have fallen in love with a magical Christmas story...  The Winter Carousel by David Melling.
The story is of a young boy and his grandfather and their discovery of a magical carousel in Central park.
It has also been the inspiration for this years Tiffany's windows, a variation is seen in all their stores but I am loving the 5th avenue windows the most!...

 would love to see them for real but can't have a Christmas in New York 2 years running!... will settle for the Bond street sights and Tiffany's skating rink at somerset house (story is being read at the Skating rink on selected days) Tiffany haven't released this book to buy, its only available by web. (think they have missed an opportunity of creating a beautiful legacy to hand down over generations.. ) it is beautiful and available here to read and listen to.
Today would have been my Gramps's birthday and this story tugged my heartstrings on the mutual love, between the little boy & his grandfather and I could imagine sharing this story with my Gramps, because Central park really is the most magical place to be in the snow....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My grandad was very special to me too. Sounds a wonderful Christmas story.