Here are a few that I'm working through the holiday period....
This time of year I also look back on what were my favourites of 2011 and what I am looking forward to in 2012...
Here are my favourites from 2011:-
- Victoria Connelly ~ The Perfect Hero, Kay moves to Lyme Regis to run a bed & breakfast where she is soon has a guest house full of film cast & crew filming Persuasion!... as an Austen fan this was a joy and a great twist on a. Favourite classic
- Lucy Dillon ~ The secret of happy ever after, Stepmother to 3 girls, and a boisterous Dalmatian, Anna's solace has always been a book, especially children's classics.. With the opportunity to run a bookstore for her best friend, Anna finds some escape... But can it all end happily ever after?.. This will make you dig out your old childhood favs..
- Jemma Forte ~ From London with Love, with James Bond & famous bond girl as parents all Jessica wants is a sense of normality... Escaping to London from LA she conceals her identity and embarks on an internship at a Tv company... Fun read with a little bit of 007 glamour!
- Eleanor Moran ~ Breakfast in Bed, Amber is a chef, about to be divorced and finds herself working in the kitchen of one of the most arrogant fiery chefs in London!.. Ex-wife's, daughters and soon to be ex husbands all add to the melting pot to make for a great read not as frothy as the title eludes...
- Carmen Reid ~ New York valentine, Annie is off to New York for her dream job; 5th book in the Annie Valentine series and this didn't disappoint... With daughter in tow they head for NY to help save her best friends ailing fashion business
- Cathy Woodman ~ The sweetest thing, Jennie moves to the country after a failed marriage into a ramshackle house & starts a cake business only to find that life in the country isn't as idyllic as she dreamed.. Fun read and the farmer next door was a teat!!!...
- Ali Harris ~ Miracle on Regent Street, Evie embarks on saving the elegant old department store that she works in as the stockroom girl by Boxing day.. Filled with old school glamour, vintage clothes and soaps!.. A definite nod to the grand dame of regent street Liberty's... Loved it..
- Jane Costello ~ Girl on the Run, Abby never one for exercise embarks on a fitness regime by joining her best friends running club.. Spurned on by some devastating news from her assistant she commits to a fundraiser with some unexpected results... A riot of a read, laugh out loud chick lit at its best.. This book inspired me to pull on the running shoes!
- Jo Carnegie ~ Dirty Tricks, a romp of a read, the Jilly Cooper of today..set between Churchminster and London, Story of Harriet & Saffy, H volunteering for charity work in a community centre and S in Churchminster writing her book.. Full of twists and surprises great fun from start to finish..
- Ali McNamara ~ Breakfast at Darcy's, Darcy inherits an island off the coast of Ireland and leaves her city life behind, and embarks on 12 months on the island. Her biggest challenge is to persuade 14 people to live there too... This book is beautifully written, it will make you want to go to island, and make sure that you have a tissue or two handy.. Loved it... 2nd fav book of the year... Added bonus was that I met Ali this year, where we chatted about some of our favourite things!.. Books, New York & from nottinghill with love actually.. Favourite book of 2010!
- Jenny Colgan ~ Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe, Caring for her beloved Gramps, Issy pursues her dream job of a bakery; encouraged by her baker grandfather she embarks on dream... And the cupcake cafe is born.. This book is a joy, the relationship between Issy & her Gramps is heartwarming, a fabulous read with the addition of some very yummy recipes... Yum!
- Jane Costello - All the Single Ladies
- Sasha Wagstaff - Recipe for Love
- Fiona Gibson - The Great Escape
- Fern Britton - Hidden Treasures
- Jenny Colgan - Rosie Hopkins sweet shop of dreams
- Carole Matthews - Summer Daydreams
- Stella Newman - Pear shaped
- Emily Giffin - Where we belong
- Jo Carnegie - Horse Play
- I heart London - Lindsey Kelk
- The Long Weekend - Veronica Henry
- White Wedding - Milly Johnson
- Happily Ever After - Harriet Evans
- and the follow up to From Nottinghill with Love by Ali Mcnamara ... Scarlett in New York.. how exciting!