Tuesday, 29 January 2013

New York baking bits ...

I have a list of places that I go to or things that i do without fail every time that I visit New York... It doesn't matter what else I have discovered new, my core list has to be met.... Two homestores that I have to go to are williams-sonoma and Crate & Barrel , sited near each other and a short walk from my hotel these were two places that I visited on my first afternoon in New York.  Prior to my departure I had devoured both websites and created and pinned a wish list of must haves!...
Both stores were beautifully staged and a gift for any baker at Christmas...
Williams-Sonoma (E59th st) windows key feature was peppermint bark & candy cane which I just fell in love with. The store just smelled of Christmas, hot chocolate, peppermint & eggnog!... I could have just moved in!... It's so easy to get carried away in here and absorb all my luggage allowance, however only a couple of extras were added to my list!
The peppermint bark recipe on the iPad looks delicious... A must try for next year! Along with peppermint bark, key trends for WS were gingerbread houses, eggnog pancakes, popcorn - home make & multiple flavours, and sea salted caramel hot chocolate ... A lot of which found home in my suitcase for a trip across the Atlantic!
Crate and Barrel (Madison ave/59th) is a home store, their store design is lots of glass, light and staged home spaces to entice all. Their Christmas marketing in the stores revolved around the 12 days of Christmas theme, but with a baking twist.... chalked across a number of blackboards. I loved the visual displays, the bakers twine found a home in my suitcase, along with the candy cane sugar, a

host of Christmas decorations and a few other home treats. I can't was lyrically enough about how great these two stores are, the sales teams are knowledgable,and friendly .. I never leave NY without a bag of treats from each... ... 

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

This reminds me of the first time Arthur went to the States...I too wrote a l-o-n-g list of allsorts of stuff - Cetaphil, Tweezerman tweezers and bras! (Yes, I have got him VERY well trained!!)
I love your photo montages. I just want it all! (Greedy!)
Z xx

Pennyblossoms said...

This reminds me of the first time Arthur went to the States...I too wrote a l-o-n-g list of allsorts of stuff - Cetaphil, Tweezerman tweezers and bras! (Yes, I have got him VERY well trained!!)
I love your photo montages. I just want it all! (Greedy!)
Z xx

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

New York baking bits ...

I have a list of places that I go to or things that i do without fail every time that I visit New York... It doesn't matter what else I have discovered new, my core list has to be met.... Two homestores that I have to go to are williams-sonoma and Crate & Barrel , sited near each other and a short walk from my hotel these were two places that I visited on my first afternoon in New York.  Prior to my departure I had devoured both websites and created and pinned a wish list of must haves!...
Both stores were beautifully staged and a gift for any baker at Christmas...
Williams-Sonoma (E59th st) windows key feature was peppermint bark & candy cane which I just fell in love with. The store just smelled of Christmas, hot chocolate, peppermint & eggnog!... I could have just moved in!... It's so easy to get carried away in here and absorb all my luggage allowance, however only a couple of extras were added to my list!
The peppermint bark recipe on the iPad looks delicious... A must try for next year! Along with peppermint bark, key trends for WS were gingerbread houses, eggnog pancakes, popcorn - home make & multiple flavours, and sea salted caramel hot chocolate ... A lot of which found home in my suitcase for a trip across the Atlantic!
Crate and Barrel (Madison ave/59th) is a home store, their store design is lots of glass, light and staged home spaces to entice all. Their Christmas marketing in the stores revolved around the 12 days of Christmas theme, but with a baking twist.... chalked across a number of blackboards. I loved the visual displays, the bakers twine found a home in my suitcase, along with the candy cane sugar, a

host of Christmas decorations and a few other home treats. I can't was lyrically enough about how great these two stores are, the sales teams are knowledgable,and friendly .. I never leave NY without a bag of treats from each... ... 

2 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

This reminds me of the first time Arthur went to the States...I too wrote a l-o-n-g list of allsorts of stuff - Cetaphil, Tweezerman tweezers and bras! (Yes, I have got him VERY well trained!!)
I love your photo montages. I just want it all! (Greedy!)
Z xx

Pennyblossoms said...

This reminds me of the first time Arthur went to the States...I too wrote a l-o-n-g list of allsorts of stuff - Cetaphil, Tweezerman tweezers and bras! (Yes, I have got him VERY well trained!!)
I love your photo montages. I just want it all! (Greedy!)
Z xx