Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Remember, remember ....

The 5th November, gunpowder, treason and plot....
It seems that over the years that Bonfire night is slowly being forgotten between the sweets & fancy dress of Halloween, lights of Diwali, Health & Safety brigade and the countdown to Christmas.
I love Bonfire night... The air is filled with smoke, gunpowder and the smell is just magical. The sky fills with bursts of red, green & white as fireworks explode in the dark night sky.
This year I went to friends for an impromptu bonfire, where we were fed  sausages & fire roasted red potatoes in their jackets.... Mmmmm,
Night was complete with lashings of hot chocolate and sparklers ( my favourite firework)... Fun & fireworks for the 5th x
What did you do for bonfire night?... Do you still celebrate?... What's your favourite food? 

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

We always celebrate as it's my cousin's birthday around that time so my aunt hosts the fireworks with loads of chilli :o)

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

We'd only just got back from our holiday, but Will persuaded us to go to the firework display at his school, and it was just fabulous. My favourite thing on firework night is the smell of gunpowder - takes me right back to my childhood! x

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Remember, remember ....

The 5th November, gunpowder, treason and plot....
It seems that over the years that Bonfire night is slowly being forgotten between the sweets & fancy dress of Halloween, lights of Diwali, Health & Safety brigade and the countdown to Christmas.
I love Bonfire night... The air is filled with smoke, gunpowder and the smell is just magical. The sky fills with bursts of red, green & white as fireworks explode in the dark night sky.
This year I went to friends for an impromptu bonfire, where we were fed  sausages & fire roasted red potatoes in their jackets.... Mmmmm,
Night was complete with lashings of hot chocolate and sparklers ( my favourite firework)... Fun & fireworks for the 5th x
What did you do for bonfire night?... Do you still celebrate?... What's your favourite food? 

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

We always celebrate as it's my cousin's birthday around that time so my aunt hosts the fireworks with loads of chilli :o)

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

We'd only just got back from our holiday, but Will persuaded us to go to the firework display at his school, and it was just fabulous. My favourite thing on firework night is the smell of gunpowder - takes me right back to my childhood! x