Sunday, 17 November 2013

Step back in Time...

Ever since Ali McNamara published her first novel From Nottinghill with Love Actually I've been a fan. I've blogged several times of my adventures with Ali & her novels over the last couple of years and now regard her as a friend. Her recent novel Step back in Time has ticked all the boxes again on being a fun fab read.

This book features Jo Jo a career driven accountant, a single girl in 2013 who likes to be in control. One of Jo Jo's clients is George a record store owner on the Kings road, after visiting his store she crosses a zebra crossing and wakes up in 1963. Harry and Ellie who feature in Jo Jo's life in 2013 pop up in 1963 and then again in different guises as she time travels through 1977, 1985, 1994 desperately trying to get back to today.
Why did I enjoy this book so much, because it does exactly what it says on the cover, it Steps you back in Time!.. It features fashion, music, and it evokes so many memories there was at times when reading on the tube I was inwardly squeeling with glee!
Ali has made some promo videos for this book for her blog which will time travel you back to buried memories... Here are two of my favourites.
The 90's
The 80's
 All the others can be found here on Ali's YouTube page (huge congrats to Rosie for filming & editing)
5 reasons why i loved & I related so much to this book....

  • Jo Jo is a single, career driven lady in 2013 who likes to be in control.... (my friends are all now smiling lots at the com-parables) Empathised with this character lots!
  • I love how music can transport you back and resurrect memories you thought were long buried. I've always compiled tapes, cd's playlists and even quoted song lyrics across my school books when doodling at school. 
  • Whilst I was decorating my walls with Duran Duran posters in the 80's my twin brother was sporting a Beatle haircut and competing the airwaves across the bedroom with The Beatles White album  and Sargent Peppers Lonely heart club band!
  • My best friend and I would shop frequently on the Kings Road in our Early 20's with Hyper Hyper being a destination store.
  • Jo Jo time travels to so many places that I have been or were prominent in my life its kind of scary!.... 
  • If you love any of the following then this book is for you!.... Ashes to Ashes, Back to the future, The Beatles, a fabulous Romcom then this books for you. A time travelling treat which will transport you across the decades filled with flares, ra-ra skirts, friends and legwarmers!... Perfect for my commute on the tube.
Ali has made some promo videos for this book for her blog which will time travel you back to buried memories... Here are two of my favourites.
Step back in Time - the 80's
 All the others can be found here on Ali's YouTube page (huge congrats to Rosie for filming & editing)
Step back in Time - the 90's

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Can't wait to read this one. xx

Sunday, 17 November 2013

Step back in Time...

Ever since Ali McNamara published her first novel From Nottinghill with Love Actually I've been a fan. I've blogged several times of my adventures with Ali & her novels over the last couple of years and now regard her as a friend. Her recent novel Step back in Time has ticked all the boxes again on being a fun fab read.

This book features Jo Jo a career driven accountant, a single girl in 2013 who likes to be in control. One of Jo Jo's clients is George a record store owner on the Kings road, after visiting his store she crosses a zebra crossing and wakes up in 1963. Harry and Ellie who feature in Jo Jo's life in 2013 pop up in 1963 and then again in different guises as she time travels through 1977, 1985, 1994 desperately trying to get back to today.
Why did I enjoy this book so much, because it does exactly what it says on the cover, it Steps you back in Time!.. It features fashion, music, and it evokes so many memories there was at times when reading on the tube I was inwardly squeeling with glee!
Ali has made some promo videos for this book for her blog which will time travel you back to buried memories... Here are two of my favourites.
The 90's
The 80's
 All the others can be found here on Ali's YouTube page (huge congrats to Rosie for filming & editing)
5 reasons why i loved & I related so much to this book....

  • Jo Jo is a single, career driven lady in 2013 who likes to be in control.... (my friends are all now smiling lots at the com-parables) Empathised with this character lots!
  • I love how music can transport you back and resurrect memories you thought were long buried. I've always compiled tapes, cd's playlists and even quoted song lyrics across my school books when doodling at school. 
  • Whilst I was decorating my walls with Duran Duran posters in the 80's my twin brother was sporting a Beatle haircut and competing the airwaves across the bedroom with The Beatles White album  and Sargent Peppers Lonely heart club band!
  • My best friend and I would shop frequently on the Kings Road in our Early 20's with Hyper Hyper being a destination store.
  • Jo Jo time travels to so many places that I have been or were prominent in my life its kind of scary!.... 
  • If you love any of the following then this book is for you!.... Ashes to Ashes, Back to the future, The Beatles, a fabulous Romcom then this books for you. A time travelling treat which will transport you across the decades filled with flares, ra-ra skirts, friends and legwarmers!... Perfect for my commute on the tube.
Ali has made some promo videos for this book for her blog which will time travel you back to buried memories... Here are two of my favourites.
Step back in Time - the 80's
 All the others can be found here on Ali's YouTube page (huge congrats to Rosie for filming & editing)
Step back in Time - the 90's

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Can't wait to read this one. xx