Wednesday, 6 November 2013

A stress free day filled with treats.... Pt 1

Wednesday is National Stress awareness day and I am determined to have a stress free day!
I have 2 special older ladies Marion & Mary (affectionatly known as the M&M's) in my life who have known me all my life, every Saturday evening we go for an early supper at our local Indian and they make me laugh lots. The have been friends over 50 years and are both now in their 8th decade. They are so much more to me than friends, they are very much part of my chosen family. Mary is celebrating her 70th birthday this week, Marion and myself have booked to take her to the Savoy for afternoon tea followed by a trip to the theatre to see The Bodyguard all as a lovely surprise.
Prior to my afternoon tea a much needed trip to the hair salon was required. I needed a good cut, and colour! Fortunately I don't need to go often as when I do I loose a morning!.. By the time I've caught up with the news, foils, colour, deep condition, cut, blow dry and a spot under the heat lamp I can loose 4 hours!!!.... However I am always pleased with the results ... and as us ladies know you need to go through a little pain for a lot of glamour!!!.
If only I could wake up with it looking like this every day!... alas a 5am start doesn't lend to big & bouncy styling, which when I do do it makes it a little special.... Having been pampered & styled it was time for a spot of tea.

No comments:

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

A stress free day filled with treats.... Pt 1

Wednesday is National Stress awareness day and I am determined to have a stress free day!
I have 2 special older ladies Marion & Mary (affectionatly known as the M&M's) in my life who have known me all my life, every Saturday evening we go for an early supper at our local Indian and they make me laugh lots. The have been friends over 50 years and are both now in their 8th decade. They are so much more to me than friends, they are very much part of my chosen family. Mary is celebrating her 70th birthday this week, Marion and myself have booked to take her to the Savoy for afternoon tea followed by a trip to the theatre to see The Bodyguard all as a lovely surprise.
Prior to my afternoon tea a much needed trip to the hair salon was required. I needed a good cut, and colour! Fortunately I don't need to go often as when I do I loose a morning!.. By the time I've caught up with the news, foils, colour, deep condition, cut, blow dry and a spot under the heat lamp I can loose 4 hours!!!.... However I am always pleased with the results ... and as us ladies know you need to go through a little pain for a lot of glamour!!!.
If only I could wake up with it looking like this every day!... alas a 5am start doesn't lend to big & bouncy styling, which when I do do it makes it a little special.... Having been pampered & styled it was time for a spot of tea.

No comments: