Monday, 13 January 2014

Normal service to resume soon ..

I can not believe that we are half way through January 2014! Every year on New Year's Eve my resolution is just to get through January. For those that work in finance will know that with year end looming January is full on!.
This year is not much different for me, in fact its probably one of the worst that I have worked and we still have 2 weeks to go! Normally I get a bit of breathing space over the holiday fortnight, before January hits to catch up on admin, but this year I didn't even manage that.

Yesterday I worked and spent the whole day at my desk wishing that the "Roast Dinner" fairy had been at my house whilst I was at work.... alas no; cheese on toast for T last night!
I have a washing pile that a mountaineer would find a fabulous challenge, a microwave that has exceeded its usage over the past few weeks.. and two little kitties that when I woke them this morning at 5am they burrowed back down into their duvet in disgust.
There has however been little things that have brightened my days. I am loving getting a seat on the tube on my very early train and working my way through my January reads list. Yesterday I drove into London and was completely distracted by the amazing skyline across the river. I was astounded on how high the river was, I have never seen the Thames so high. It was lovely to see a glimmer of a blue sky.

Twitter and Instagram have kept me amused during spare moments; especially my reply from the lovely James Haskell in response to my January calendar tweet!.

I hope to catch-up with you all soon either virtually, via blog land or in person......
happy january xx

No comments:

Monday, 13 January 2014

Normal service to resume soon ..

I can not believe that we are half way through January 2014! Every year on New Year's Eve my resolution is just to get through January. For those that work in finance will know that with year end looming January is full on!.
This year is not much different for me, in fact its probably one of the worst that I have worked and we still have 2 weeks to go! Normally I get a bit of breathing space over the holiday fortnight, before January hits to catch up on admin, but this year I didn't even manage that.

Yesterday I worked and spent the whole day at my desk wishing that the "Roast Dinner" fairy had been at my house whilst I was at work.... alas no; cheese on toast for T last night!
I have a washing pile that a mountaineer would find a fabulous challenge, a microwave that has exceeded its usage over the past few weeks.. and two little kitties that when I woke them this morning at 5am they burrowed back down into their duvet in disgust.
There has however been little things that have brightened my days. I am loving getting a seat on the tube on my very early train and working my way through my January reads list. Yesterday I drove into London and was completely distracted by the amazing skyline across the river. I was astounded on how high the river was, I have never seen the Thames so high. It was lovely to see a glimmer of a blue sky.

Twitter and Instagram have kept me amused during spare moments; especially my reply from the lovely James Haskell in response to my January calendar tweet!.

I hope to catch-up with you all soon either virtually, via blog land or in person......
happy january xx

No comments: