Here's 5 of my favourites;
- Shake Shack - celebrating it's 10th birthday last week, this iconic Burger bar started out as a Hot Dog stand in Madison square park. Now it has a 24hr line cam for all to view the length of the line for ordering. Shake Shack now have 2 other locations in NY which offers in house seating, all keeping the vibe & ethos of the original. Here's 24 things that I didn't know about Shake Shack!. A visit to the Shack is a must for any trip to New York, Hamburger, Cheesy fries & frozen custard is a must for me on each trip.
- Minetta Tavern - this Greenwich Village eatery opened its doors in 1937, chef Keith McNally took over the reins in 2009 and this iconic bar is back on the map as a place to be seen & eat. McNally is behind some of NY's other food successes, such as Balthazar and Pastis. Minetta is famed for its Black Burger - at $27dollars its not a fast food, but made with some of the worlds best ingredients its the caviar of the burger word.
- Burger Joint - Le Parker Meridien - situated behind a curtain in the lobby of a New York hotel is the last place you would expect to find this graffiti old school burger joint. However Burger joint in the Le Parker Meridien hotel is just that. Serving Burgers along with beer and wine, its the perfect place to meet up with friends. I loved this cool little burger joint when I visited. Burgers are good and the vibe is very cool.
- PJ Clarkes - this very cool bar restaurant not only serves one of the best burgers in the city but has a history dating back to 1884, it has fought prohibition, depression and is one of Manhattan's iconic bars. A favourite of Jackie Kennedy, Frank Sinatra to name but a few, this bar is worth a visit just to revisit that old school glamour. Situated on 3rd avenue its worth popping into, even if its just for a beer.
- Bill's Bar & Burgers - sited just along from the Rockefeller centre this burger bar is the biggest stand alone burger joint in the US. With the capacity to seat 400, booking is advisable at busy holiday periods. Opening in 2009, I found this burger bar on a cold snowy blizzards' weekend and was thankful for the warmth & fabulous food it offered.
As with all 5 loves posts, here is a map of my New York locations for you to try..... enjoy.
What are your New York Burger recommendations and why?.... would love to hear so that I can add to my list for my next visit. I hope that you have enjoyed my NY loves post this week Here are my previous posts, pop back next week for London's equivalent burger loves.
.... (please note that all views are my own and I have not received any payment for this post)