.... it seems that the only conversation in the office is of a footballing nature and my daily job is to update the wall planner as the final whistle blows!...
So, this got me thinking of all the benefits that the world cup has to offer us ladies!.. here's a few of my suggestions
- Chick Flick Cinema ~ plan your visit to coincide with a popular game, the road's are empty and 2 hours of uninterrupted bliss watching a great movie or chick flick, here's what's grabbed my attention in the releases over the world cup period:
- Jersey Boys - this is one of the best theatre musicals in the west end, and pleased to see it hit the big screen, a fascinating story, and one you will know all the songs to!
- Devils Knot - This gripping film is based on the true story of the murder of three young boys in West Memphis, Ark.Three young boys playing in the nearby woods never come home for dinner. starring Colin Firth & Reece Witherspoon... a gripping viewing.
- The Fault in Our Stars - this heartbreaking film is based on an award winning novel Hazel and Gus are two teenagers.Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.
- and finally one that will have the nation as divided as the football!... Walking on Sunshine is like Mamma Mia meets the 80's. Set in southern Italy, after a whirlwind romance, Maddie is preparing to marry gorgeous Italian Raf, and has invited her sister Taylor to the wedding. Unbeknownst to Maddie, however, Raf is Taylor's ex-holiday flame, and the love of her life..
- Afternoon Tea ~ especially for those afternoon games, for something a little different in London check out these Pimms Cocktail Chocolate , Wimbledon Afternoon Tea, or from the Shard viewing the Landscape of London
- Beauty Hall Treats ~ check out your local department store, lot's are hosting beauty event evenings during the tournament.
- Theatre ~ lot's of theatres are offering discount tickets, some London theatres from £10 a ticket..
- Shop the Sales ~ most retailers have gone into sale early to compete... check
- Grab a good book or visit the library,curl up with a coffee, chocolate & a book... mmm heaven .If you can't bet them then join them with a footballing romp of a read.
- I am the Secret Wag - behind the scenes of life as a footballers wife... which England football player's wag has written this?
- Wags at the World Cup - this is the very funny, very silly tale of Tracie Martin - Wag extraordinaire - who gets herself into the most astonishing amount of trouble in Brazil while following her husband - a coach to the England team - in the 2014 tournament
- The Beautiful Game - there's a lot more to being a WAG than holidays, heels, hair extensions and handbags. In the cut-throat world of Premiership football, it's not just a game of two halves - it's survival of the fittest. And some will go to any lengths to stay at the top...
- Blog hop.... follow 10 new blogs that you find hopping during the football... we all know how we can loose hours whilst blogging!
- Grab a picnic and escape to the park to lay in the sunshine, drink Pimms and relax.