Thursday, 12 June 2014

Please look after this bear....

A few weekends back I took a train from Paddington station in London, on arrival into station I was delighted to see said namesake's iconic bear statue.
Paddington is a childhood favourite of mine, and loved watching the joy & delight this little bronze statue had on the little kids and big kids alike whilst I waited for my train.

Paddington may pop-up in a number of blog posts this year for me. He will be starring in his own movie, much has been said of the imagery of Paddington, but I think it is an accurate reflection of the original drawings from Michael Bond and his original statue, rather than the cutesy cartoon of the 70's & 80's.

The movie is directed by David Heyman. Paddington is voiced by Colin Firth and Mr Brown played by Hugh Bonneville with an accompanying ensemble cast line up of Nicole Kidman, Julie Walters, Peter Capaldi, Sally Hawkins and Matt Lucas. With a November release date this will be one of the family Christmas movies!.
Full Trailer here:
From this trailer it looks like Paddington is getting upto his usual mischief & mayhem!

Paddington may also be doing something exciting this year with Selfridges, which at the moment I need to keep under my hat (similarly to Paddington's marmalade sandwiches)
Did you know that the bear that inspired Michael Bond started on a shelf in Selfridges!.....
" 24th December 1956 a BBC cameraman buys a small toy bear left alone on a shelf in Selfridges store, London, for his wife Brenda. Named Paddington, after the station close to Michael Bond’s home, the bear inspires him to write eight episodes in just over a week."
I will keep you posted as & when I can of this exciting adventure with a Bear, marmalade sandwiches and fabulous red wellingtons!.

No comments:

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Please look after this bear....

A few weekends back I took a train from Paddington station in London, on arrival into station I was delighted to see said namesake's iconic bear statue.
Paddington is a childhood favourite of mine, and loved watching the joy & delight this little bronze statue had on the little kids and big kids alike whilst I waited for my train.

Paddington may pop-up in a number of blog posts this year for me. He will be starring in his own movie, much has been said of the imagery of Paddington, but I think it is an accurate reflection of the original drawings from Michael Bond and his original statue, rather than the cutesy cartoon of the 70's & 80's.

The movie is directed by David Heyman. Paddington is voiced by Colin Firth and Mr Brown played by Hugh Bonneville with an accompanying ensemble cast line up of Nicole Kidman, Julie Walters, Peter Capaldi, Sally Hawkins and Matt Lucas. With a November release date this will be one of the family Christmas movies!.
Full Trailer here:
From this trailer it looks like Paddington is getting upto his usual mischief & mayhem!

Paddington may also be doing something exciting this year with Selfridges, which at the moment I need to keep under my hat (similarly to Paddington's marmalade sandwiches)
Did you know that the bear that inspired Michael Bond started on a shelf in Selfridges!.....
" 24th December 1956 a BBC cameraman buys a small toy bear left alone on a shelf in Selfridges store, London, for his wife Brenda. Named Paddington, after the station close to Michael Bond’s home, the bear inspires him to write eight episodes in just over a week."
I will keep you posted as & when I can of this exciting adventure with a Bear, marmalade sandwiches and fabulous red wellingtons!.

No comments: