Sunday, 1 February 2015

Goodbye January,Hello February....

wow where did that month go?....
I know where mine went........ it was spent sitting at my desk, getting the year end closed. I did amongst the paperwork have some fun, and caught up with some friends.
For the past couple of years my blogging friend Caroline from Mrs M's Meanderings  visits London with her mum for a few days. We have caught up for drinks and a chat, this year we gossiped for an hour over a bottle of wine on the roof of Selfridges at Le Chalet.... it was so lovely to see them both and gave a welcome break from a pile of paperwork and a huge amount of stress over my car/hire car... thank you for letting off load!.
As previously blogged my little Florence was stolen early December, which resulted in a hire car for 28 days and the hassle of sorting out insurance. I had intermittent warning light problems with the hire car and by the time I returned the car I was concerned that the breaks were failing. I pointed this out at the drop off, one week later the hire car company telephoned me to say that I had damaged the suspension and was required to pay £250... having only driven 200 miles in the vehicle I was quite alarmed. This has been ongoing during January, thankfully after many conversations, the hire company finally dropped all claims for payment on Friday.
With no car, a hike to and from the station is now part of my daily commute. This winter I have discovered the joys and warmth of cashmere, courtesy of my gorgeous Mulberry scarf and gloves.  Uggs have been keeping both my feet and ears warm, which have been perfect for a chilly January morning!... especially as I can link my earmuffs to my ipod!
Other things that have been giving me a warm glow was spending one glorious morning at the roof garden of the newly opened Sky Garden in the city, enjoying breakfast and the fabulous views it has to offer. January also saw London awash with stylish men as London kicked off Mens London collection... it was great fun seeing my stylist friend Joe, out & about with the gorgeous David Gandy! Talking of gorgeous H&M launched David Beckham's spring collection this month, which included gratuitous underwear shots being released to the press...
Downtime this month was spent blog planning and catching up on The Fall series 2 with the delicious serial killer Jamie Dornan.... who in February will become Christian Grey!... Oh My!
I hope that you all had a lovely January filled with warming treats... here's to a very flirty, shades of grey February!...
laters x

3 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I have my tickets booked to see Fifty Shades next week - can't wait!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Oooh, Fifty Shades - can't wait! So glad to hear the hire car company have stop hassling you - what a nightmare that must've been. x

erdomester said...

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the car rental. I thought that can only happen in Eastern Europe...

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Goodbye January,Hello February....

wow where did that month go?....
I know where mine went........ it was spent sitting at my desk, getting the year end closed. I did amongst the paperwork have some fun, and caught up with some friends.
For the past couple of years my blogging friend Caroline from Mrs M's Meanderings  visits London with her mum for a few days. We have caught up for drinks and a chat, this year we gossiped for an hour over a bottle of wine on the roof of Selfridges at Le Chalet.... it was so lovely to see them both and gave a welcome break from a pile of paperwork and a huge amount of stress over my car/hire car... thank you for letting off load!.
As previously blogged my little Florence was stolen early December, which resulted in a hire car for 28 days and the hassle of sorting out insurance. I had intermittent warning light problems with the hire car and by the time I returned the car I was concerned that the breaks were failing. I pointed this out at the drop off, one week later the hire car company telephoned me to say that I had damaged the suspension and was required to pay £250... having only driven 200 miles in the vehicle I was quite alarmed. This has been ongoing during January, thankfully after many conversations, the hire company finally dropped all claims for payment on Friday.
With no car, a hike to and from the station is now part of my daily commute. This winter I have discovered the joys and warmth of cashmere, courtesy of my gorgeous Mulberry scarf and gloves.  Uggs have been keeping both my feet and ears warm, which have been perfect for a chilly January morning!... especially as I can link my earmuffs to my ipod!
Other things that have been giving me a warm glow was spending one glorious morning at the roof garden of the newly opened Sky Garden in the city, enjoying breakfast and the fabulous views it has to offer. January also saw London awash with stylish men as London kicked off Mens London collection... it was great fun seeing my stylist friend Joe, out & about with the gorgeous David Gandy! Talking of gorgeous H&M launched David Beckham's spring collection this month, which included gratuitous underwear shots being released to the press...
Downtime this month was spent blog planning and catching up on The Fall series 2 with the delicious serial killer Jamie Dornan.... who in February will become Christian Grey!... Oh My!
I hope that you all had a lovely January filled with warming treats... here's to a very flirty, shades of grey February!...
laters x

3 comments:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I have my tickets booked to see Fifty Shades next week - can't wait!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Oooh, Fifty Shades - can't wait! So glad to hear the hire car company have stop hassling you - what a nightmare that must've been. x

erdomester said...

I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the car rental. I thought that can only happen in Eastern Europe...