Monday, 23 February 2015

New York moments.... XOXO gossip girl style

As we are currently in amidst fashion weeks I thought I would share a couple of my adventures from December that featured in one of fashions favourite TV shows, Gossip Girl.
Of the many locations featured in the series, today I am sharing 2 which featured in the Pilot episode.
The New York Palace Hotel which sits on Madison Avenue and 50th street behind the gorgeous St Patricks Cathedral. Along with Gossip Girl, many of you will recognise the hotel from other movie moments, including 27 Dresses. I love the Palace courtyard and at Christmas time it just becomes magical.
I had lots of fun taking arty shots in the baubles on the Christmas trees as you can see below...
  As beautiful as this hotel looks in the daytime, it comes to life at night and is a must see, perfect to pop in and sample a cheeky cocktail at their old school glamour bar called Tavern 51 which has a cool 'Mad Men' vibe from a New York of yesteryear. The courtyard really is stunning after dark.
My 2nd location that I visited this year for the first time was The Campbell Apartment tucked up in a corner of Grand Central Station.(15 Vanderbilt Avenue) Although never an apartment this very old school NY location was the office of 1920's tycoon John Campbell. Restored to its former glory it is one of the chicest cocktail bars in the city. (Plan ahead if visiting as there is a dress code to enter). The venue is full of antiques, complete with a glorious baby grand piano and oodles of glamour.... this location ticks the box of any Gatsby, Truman Capote or Mad Men fan. (Gossip Girl fans will recognise this bar from where Nat & Serena romped in the pilot episode)
After a short while I was seated at the bar, where I enjoyed a leisurely hour sipping a cocktail, people watching the city folk of NY.
My Cocktail of choice was The Prohibition Punch;
"A refreshing blend of Passion Fruit Juices, Appleton Rum Estate VX. Gran Gala VSOP crowned with Moet & Chandon Champagne" - deliciously decadent but very lethal!...
I had a gorgeous time in The Campbell Apartment, a fabulous find, and one I will be going back to the next time that I visit New York......


If these have wetted your appetite for more GG moments, there are 100's of locations featured in the 6 seasons of Gossip Girl and if a fan I would recommend the GG tour, which features favourite locations and gives you a fun and different view of NY......
.................. xoxox NY gossip girl x

1 comment:

Clair Matthews said...

Beautiful photos xxx

Monday, 23 February 2015

New York moments.... XOXO gossip girl style

As we are currently in amidst fashion weeks I thought I would share a couple of my adventures from December that featured in one of fashions favourite TV shows, Gossip Girl.
Of the many locations featured in the series, today I am sharing 2 which featured in the Pilot episode.
The New York Palace Hotel which sits on Madison Avenue and 50th street behind the gorgeous St Patricks Cathedral. Along with Gossip Girl, many of you will recognise the hotel from other movie moments, including 27 Dresses. I love the Palace courtyard and at Christmas time it just becomes magical.
I had lots of fun taking arty shots in the baubles on the Christmas trees as you can see below...
  As beautiful as this hotel looks in the daytime, it comes to life at night and is a must see, perfect to pop in and sample a cheeky cocktail at their old school glamour bar called Tavern 51 which has a cool 'Mad Men' vibe from a New York of yesteryear. The courtyard really is stunning after dark.
My 2nd location that I visited this year for the first time was The Campbell Apartment tucked up in a corner of Grand Central Station.(15 Vanderbilt Avenue) Although never an apartment this very old school NY location was the office of 1920's tycoon John Campbell. Restored to its former glory it is one of the chicest cocktail bars in the city. (Plan ahead if visiting as there is a dress code to enter). The venue is full of antiques, complete with a glorious baby grand piano and oodles of glamour.... this location ticks the box of any Gatsby, Truman Capote or Mad Men fan. (Gossip Girl fans will recognise this bar from where Nat & Serena romped in the pilot episode)
After a short while I was seated at the bar, where I enjoyed a leisurely hour sipping a cocktail, people watching the city folk of NY.
My Cocktail of choice was The Prohibition Punch;
"A refreshing blend of Passion Fruit Juices, Appleton Rum Estate VX. Gran Gala VSOP crowned with Moet & Chandon Champagne" - deliciously decadent but very lethal!...
I had a gorgeous time in The Campbell Apartment, a fabulous find, and one I will be going back to the next time that I visit New York......


If these have wetted your appetite for more GG moments, there are 100's of locations featured in the 6 seasons of Gossip Girl and if a fan I would recommend the GG tour, which features favourite locations and gives you a fun and different view of NY......
.................. xoxox NY gossip girl x

1 comment:

Clair Matthews said...

Beautiful photos xxx