Saturday, 4 April 2015

movie moment favourites....

March saw one of my favourite all time movies celebrate its 25th birthday.... I am of course referring to Pretty Woman. This movie stole my heart when I first saw it 25 years ago, it cemented friendships  and over the years can still put a smile on my face for so many reasons.
I was in my late teens when this movie premièred and this was the fairytale movie for me - a little difficult to imagine when you read the synopsis; wealthy business man falls in love with a prostitute on Rodeo Drive all set to a fabulous soundtrack...
Julia Roberts was 21 when she starred in the movie and I had both hair, & leg envy and she influenced many fashion styles in the late 80's/early 90's as well as kiss Richard Gere...
4 looks that stole my heart and I coveted greatly and wore in various forms were...
  • The cream button through dress & wide brimmed black hat... I had this dress in black & cream and the hat and it was a much loved and worn outfit, along with killer black heels... seen here strutting down rodeo drive.
  • The brown & cream polka dot outfit worn at the Polo game, I had various forms of this outfit along with the hat and a pair of fabulous brown pied-a-tere sling backs which I adored and still have.
  • The red dress worn to the opera - breathtakingly stunning and still one of my favourite looks of all time... 
  • The black cocktail dress - this dress is 25 years old and could easily be worn today as then... emphasising that the perfect black dress is timeless.... 
Along with influencing my wardrobe Pretty Woman has given me endless hours of fun, at 22 my friend and I had an impromptu holiday in California.... we lived so many Pretty Woman moments... Shopping on rodeo drive, travelling through Hollywood in a stretch limo with our heads out the roof with a bunch of flowers and an umbrella, drinking cocktails and laughing lots.
Pretty Woman also made all girls want to be whisked to the opera or to the Polo by a gorgeous man .... the necklace scene is one of my favourites, completely unscripted and Julia Roberts laugh is a genuine reaction to Richard Gere shutting the box on her hand.
who couldn't fall in love with this and that gorgeous dress and necklace....
I never grow tired of watching this movie and have loved finding it on the Tv celebrating its 25th birthday... along with this the cast recently reunited on the Today show to discuss what the movie started out as and how it became the success it it.

2 comments:

TCake said...

Subject: [TCakes.....] New comment on movie moment favourites.....
Caroline has left a new comment on your post "movie moment favourites....":

Great post, Teresa - lovely trip down memory lane! One of my favourite movies, too! x

TCake said...

Subject: [TCakes.....] New comment on movie moment favourites.....
Caroline has left a new comment on your post "movie moment favourites....":

Great post, Teresa - lovely trip down memory lane! One of my favourite movies, too! x

Saturday, 4 April 2015

movie moment favourites....

March saw one of my favourite all time movies celebrate its 25th birthday.... I am of course referring to Pretty Woman. This movie stole my heart when I first saw it 25 years ago, it cemented friendships  and over the years can still put a smile on my face for so many reasons.
I was in my late teens when this movie premièred and this was the fairytale movie for me - a little difficult to imagine when you read the synopsis; wealthy business man falls in love with a prostitute on Rodeo Drive all set to a fabulous soundtrack...
Julia Roberts was 21 when she starred in the movie and I had both hair, & leg envy and she influenced many fashion styles in the late 80's/early 90's as well as kiss Richard Gere...
4 looks that stole my heart and I coveted greatly and wore in various forms were...
  • The cream button through dress & wide brimmed black hat... I had this dress in black & cream and the hat and it was a much loved and worn outfit, along with killer black heels... seen here strutting down rodeo drive.
  • The brown & cream polka dot outfit worn at the Polo game, I had various forms of this outfit along with the hat and a pair of fabulous brown pied-a-tere sling backs which I adored and still have.
  • The red dress worn to the opera - breathtakingly stunning and still one of my favourite looks of all time... 
  • The black cocktail dress - this dress is 25 years old and could easily be worn today as then... emphasising that the perfect black dress is timeless.... 
Along with influencing my wardrobe Pretty Woman has given me endless hours of fun, at 22 my friend and I had an impromptu holiday in California.... we lived so many Pretty Woman moments... Shopping on rodeo drive, travelling through Hollywood in a stretch limo with our heads out the roof with a bunch of flowers and an umbrella, drinking cocktails and laughing lots.
Pretty Woman also made all girls want to be whisked to the opera or to the Polo by a gorgeous man .... the necklace scene is one of my favourites, completely unscripted and Julia Roberts laugh is a genuine reaction to Richard Gere shutting the box on her hand.
who couldn't fall in love with this and that gorgeous dress and necklace....
I never grow tired of watching this movie and have loved finding it on the Tv celebrating its 25th birthday... along with this the cast recently reunited on the Today show to discuss what the movie started out as and how it became the success it it.

2 comments:

TCake said...

Subject: [TCakes.....] New comment on movie moment favourites.....
Caroline has left a new comment on your post "movie moment favourites....":

Great post, Teresa - lovely trip down memory lane! One of my favourite movies, too! x

TCake said...

Subject: [TCakes.....] New comment on movie moment favourites.....
Caroline has left a new comment on your post "movie moment favourites....":

Great post, Teresa - lovely trip down memory lane! One of my favourite movies, too! x