Monday, 30 May 2011

Books & Cooks...

Tucked away in West 10th Street in Greenwich Village sits a treasure trove for anyone who loves Vintage books or Cooking... I am of course referring to Bonnie Slotnicks Cookbook shop. It is a tiny shop, and nestled into a brownstone apartment block you could easily walk past it, BUT its a must for any cook book lover... I've tried twice on recent visits to get here (always best to call ahead as Bonnie shuts one afternoon a week which varies week from week)... On entering you are overcome with floor to ceiling lined book shelves and the smell of old books... Bonnie couldn't be more helpful and obviously has a undeniable passion for old cook books and an ability to find whatever you are looking for!... Left to browse I was amazed by the variant themes on offer...
I restrained myself and only chose two books A Good Housekeeping Cook Book First Edition from 1933 and a Macy's Cook Book - and Kitchen Guide for the Busy Women 1932. both for $28..
I cant recommend this little shop enough and real New York find....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

What a fab find! I'll have to add that to my list for my next visit

Victoria xx

Monday, 30 May 2011

Books & Cooks...

Tucked away in West 10th Street in Greenwich Village sits a treasure trove for anyone who loves Vintage books or Cooking... I am of course referring to Bonnie Slotnicks Cookbook shop. It is a tiny shop, and nestled into a brownstone apartment block you could easily walk past it, BUT its a must for any cook book lover... I've tried twice on recent visits to get here (always best to call ahead as Bonnie shuts one afternoon a week which varies week from week)... On entering you are overcome with floor to ceiling lined book shelves and the smell of old books... Bonnie couldn't be more helpful and obviously has a undeniable passion for old cook books and an ability to find whatever you are looking for!... Left to browse I was amazed by the variant themes on offer...
I restrained myself and only chose two books A Good Housekeeping Cook Book First Edition from 1933 and a Macy's Cook Book - and Kitchen Guide for the Busy Women 1932. both for $28..
I cant recommend this little shop enough and real New York find....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

What a fab find! I'll have to add that to my list for my next visit

Victoria xx