Monday, 16 May 2011

Chick Flicks in the City....

Its very difficult not to walk anywhere in New York and not think that you are in the movies!.... I love a Chick Flick and nowhere does it better than New York (although Richard Curtis comes a close 2nd in his use of London in his Brit Flick classics!)...
I have compiled some of my favourites HERE ( advised to peruse if you have longer than 5 minutes!.... coffee & cupcake are optional!)
Some of my favourite places featured in films are the following:
Bryant Park you will recognise the Carousel from Sex & the City, but the park ( usually home to NY fashion week) is also seen in Letters to Juliet.
Brooklyn Bridge so many films feature this bridge... but who can forget the Miranda/Steve meeting in Sex & the City.
Roosevelt Island Tramway fantastic backdrop for good overcoming evil .. Spiderman at his best!
Magnolia Bakery - mecca of Cupcakes in NY!
Henri Bendel a beautiful place of worship for any shopaholic.
Pepsi Cola Sign featured in Julie & Julia.
Statue of Liberty - oh so many films... but everything new york stands for in Working Girl.
New York Library.. oh  my fav... the ill-fated wedding venue for Carrie & Big and the stunningly stylish Thomas Crown Affair.
Empire State Building where would Sleepless in Seattle be without it?
these are just a few of my favs... more to follow as I prepare for my next NY adventure...
Here are the Top 40 film locations in New York!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I just love walking round NY and thinking that was in that, oh that was in there! Best moments of my last trip were being photographed on the Met Steps like in Gossip Girl and outside Carrie's house!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I have missed NY and it is on our list to go! I'd love to take Sophie when she is older!!
I have been really bad at keeping up with my commenting! I have dedicated the weekend to catching up! Now Sophie is sleeping so well I have a bit of free time in the evening!!! Yay!!!

Monday, 16 May 2011

Chick Flicks in the City....

Its very difficult not to walk anywhere in New York and not think that you are in the movies!.... I love a Chick Flick and nowhere does it better than New York (although Richard Curtis comes a close 2nd in his use of London in his Brit Flick classics!)...
I have compiled some of my favourites HERE ( advised to peruse if you have longer than 5 minutes!.... coffee & cupcake are optional!)
Some of my favourite places featured in films are the following:
Bryant Park you will recognise the Carousel from Sex & the City, but the park ( usually home to NY fashion week) is also seen in Letters to Juliet.
Brooklyn Bridge so many films feature this bridge... but who can forget the Miranda/Steve meeting in Sex & the City.
Roosevelt Island Tramway fantastic backdrop for good overcoming evil .. Spiderman at his best!
Magnolia Bakery - mecca of Cupcakes in NY!
Henri Bendel a beautiful place of worship for any shopaholic.
Pepsi Cola Sign featured in Julie & Julia.
Statue of Liberty - oh so many films... but everything new york stands for in Working Girl.
New York Library.. oh  my fav... the ill-fated wedding venue for Carrie & Big and the stunningly stylish Thomas Crown Affair.
Empire State Building where would Sleepless in Seattle be without it?
these are just a few of my favs... more to follow as I prepare for my next NY adventure...
Here are the Top 40 film locations in New York!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I just love walking round NY and thinking that was in that, oh that was in there! Best moments of my last trip were being photographed on the Met Steps like in Gossip Girl and outside Carrie's house!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I have missed NY and it is on our list to go! I'd love to take Sophie when she is older!!
I have been really bad at keeping up with my commenting! I have dedicated the weekend to catching up! Now Sophie is sleeping so well I have a bit of free time in the evening!!! Yay!!!