Sunday, 29 May 2011

Cupcakes in the City ~ Magnolia part 1

Day 1 and I've started on my Cupcakes in the City adventure.. I can't believe that Magnolia Bakery on Columbus is just around the corner from my hotel!.... significantly bigger than Bleeker street and the two newbies at the Rockafeller & Grand Central Station... this one has a dedicated seating area and is a real meeting place. With opening times from 7.30am - 10pm its a constant hive of activity.
After my walk I opted for a Coffee and my first try of their Banana Pudding... OMG its delicious, I can't even describe what its like, banana cream with bananas and wafer (chunk monkey minus the chocolate & walnuts) soooo yummy.
Hummingbird Cupcakes were the flavour of the month... one was purchased for a midnight snack!... very delcious and just what was required to placate the jet-lag!
Of all the Magnolia Bakeries I think this one is my favourite... a fab place for a Sunday treat..

No comments:

Sunday, 29 May 2011

Cupcakes in the City ~ Magnolia part 1

Day 1 and I've started on my Cupcakes in the City adventure.. I can't believe that Magnolia Bakery on Columbus is just around the corner from my hotel!.... significantly bigger than Bleeker street and the two newbies at the Rockafeller & Grand Central Station... this one has a dedicated seating area and is a real meeting place. With opening times from 7.30am - 10pm its a constant hive of activity.
After my walk I opted for a Coffee and my first try of their Banana Pudding... OMG its delicious, I can't even describe what its like, banana cream with bananas and wafer (chunk monkey minus the chocolate & walnuts) soooo yummy.
Hummingbird Cupcakes were the flavour of the month... one was purchased for a midnight snack!... very delcious and just what was required to placate the jet-lag!
Of all the Magnolia Bakeries I think this one is my favourite... a fab place for a Sunday treat..

No comments: