Monday, 30 May 2011

Park, Shopping & Village....

Day 2 in New York...
as the day was a little overcast I decided that it was best spent shopping!... prior to my arrival I had found out that a Target store had opened up on East 117th street in East Harlem, sited near to a subway stop it was very easy to visit. (Prior to this the nearest was Brooklyn or out near Woodbury Common)... why Target because its fantastic for everyday bargains!....(Victoria & Kelly will know exactly what I'm talking about!). In order for me to get to the subway I had to walk across the park from the west 72nd to the east 72nd side... This walk took in Strawberry Fields, Bethesda Fountain and the Boathouse... as it was 7.30am the park was very quiet, serious joggers and lots of dog walkers!...

A short subway ride and I arrived at Target, which is also sited with an Old Navy & a Costco. Trolley was required ( basket was never going to be big enough!) I picked up some Converse's for my niece and myself, $14 for Libs size and $20 for me.. bargain!...I then got waylaid down the candy aisle... M&M's, Hersheys and Reece's were all on the list... 2 packs for $5... m&m pretzel flavour required! The homebake aisle was equally as distracting.... Betty Crocker, Pilsbury & Oreo mixes all very tempting, Peppermint chocolate pancake mix was added to basket!... after a few other bits and pieces i thought it was safer to head to checkout!.... I picked up a bus outside Target which tool me through Harlem across the top of the park and back towards my hotel... bags dropped off i headed out again, this time up Columbus to Michaels & TJMaxx.
Further bargains purchased here for nephew... and Martha Stewart goodies for me!.... After a leisurely lunch in Shake Shack (separate post required!) bags were deposited back at hotel and I headed back out down to the village...
my walk took in the Kate Spade,(loving the bicycle in the window) Crate & Barrel and Washington Square before stopping for coffee in Bleeker street... I also sought out a vintage book store specifically for Cook books! (separate post required !)... headed back to hotel for a foot massage and supper.

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Be still my beating heart... oh how I love target!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

You are making me sooo jealous. Haven't ever shopped in a Target, but I absolutely love Old Navy and I love love love Crate and Barrell, and Michaels (another shop I've never shopped in but I hear so much about its crafting goodies) you lucky lucky person. Sounds like you had an amazing shop till you drop experience while you were there.

Monday, 30 May 2011

Park, Shopping & Village....

Day 2 in New York...
as the day was a little overcast I decided that it was best spent shopping!... prior to my arrival I had found out that a Target store had opened up on East 117th street in East Harlem, sited near to a subway stop it was very easy to visit. (Prior to this the nearest was Brooklyn or out near Woodbury Common)... why Target because its fantastic for everyday bargains!....(Victoria & Kelly will know exactly what I'm talking about!). In order for me to get to the subway I had to walk across the park from the west 72nd to the east 72nd side... This walk took in Strawberry Fields, Bethesda Fountain and the Boathouse... as it was 7.30am the park was very quiet, serious joggers and lots of dog walkers!...

A short subway ride and I arrived at Target, which is also sited with an Old Navy & a Costco. Trolley was required ( basket was never going to be big enough!) I picked up some Converse's for my niece and myself, $14 for Libs size and $20 for me.. bargain!...I then got waylaid down the candy aisle... M&M's, Hersheys and Reece's were all on the list... 2 packs for $5... m&m pretzel flavour required! The homebake aisle was equally as distracting.... Betty Crocker, Pilsbury & Oreo mixes all very tempting, Peppermint chocolate pancake mix was added to basket!... after a few other bits and pieces i thought it was safer to head to checkout!.... I picked up a bus outside Target which tool me through Harlem across the top of the park and back towards my hotel... bags dropped off i headed out again, this time up Columbus to Michaels & TJMaxx.
Further bargains purchased here for nephew... and Martha Stewart goodies for me!.... After a leisurely lunch in Shake Shack (separate post required!) bags were deposited back at hotel and I headed back out down to the village...
my walk took in the Kate Spade,(loving the bicycle in the window) Crate & Barrel and Washington Square before stopping for coffee in Bleeker street... I also sought out a vintage book store specifically for Cook books! (separate post required !)... headed back to hotel for a foot massage and supper.

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Be still my beating heart... oh how I love target!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

You are making me sooo jealous. Haven't ever shopped in a Target, but I absolutely love Old Navy and I love love love Crate and Barrell, and Michaels (another shop I've never shopped in but I hear so much about its crafting goodies) you lucky lucky person. Sounds like you had an amazing shop till you drop experience while you were there.