Saturday, 1 March 2014

#Project Life ~ February 2014

Wow where did February go?.... March has arrived with a blue sky and a glimmer of sunshine, which is a welcome relief from the deludge of water that has fallen from the sky over the past few weeks.  February for me has been a flurry of auditors, year end accounts and reviews and objective setting! In amongst that I have caught up with some of my friends, (the rest are on March's must list!)  celebrating birthdays and just having some down time together over lunch and coffee. Birthday's celebrated this month were my oldest friend K, which involved lunch in the country, my nieces which  involved a big chocolate cake and breakfast... and my friends husband who has just spent another stay in hospital, so a quiet night at home.
Early February London was awash with both rain and lots of red, Chinese New Year evolved into Valentines, so lots of places turned red and were festooned with balloons and flowers. As you can see the big yellow store became red for a couple of weeks to celebrate both occasions.
The 1st week of February saw a 3 day tube strike hit London, this caused much frustration and very long days. The fabulous picture of a gridlocked Trafalgar Square from the Police helicopter was a welcome tweet, as it took 65 minutes for me to navigate this square on the night of the strike....
Dotted between the rain deluges there were brief glimpses of blue sky which I grabbed a snap of from a window in my office! Over the past week the daffodils have begun to bloom, showing the first signs of spring.  A brief security event led to a little excitement at work along with much activity over social media. My favourite snap of the week was one I grabbed very early one morning as the sun was breaking over the park on my commute to work.
As February finishes and hopefully we have said goodbye to the very wet winter, and March shows signs of Spring... I am aiming to take some much needed days off work, catch up with friends & sleep!.... I have a couple of fun days planned, and definately some down time is on the agenda for March. Here is what is planned for the blog.....


1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Sounds like another busy month for you, Teresa. Did a double take while reading your first paragraph - did you get married without telling everybody???!!! x

Saturday, 1 March 2014

#Project Life ~ February 2014

Wow where did February go?.... March has arrived with a blue sky and a glimmer of sunshine, which is a welcome relief from the deludge of water that has fallen from the sky over the past few weeks.  February for me has been a flurry of auditors, year end accounts and reviews and objective setting! In amongst that I have caught up with some of my friends, (the rest are on March's must list!)  celebrating birthdays and just having some down time together over lunch and coffee. Birthday's celebrated this month were my oldest friend K, which involved lunch in the country, my nieces which  involved a big chocolate cake and breakfast... and my friends husband who has just spent another stay in hospital, so a quiet night at home.
Early February London was awash with both rain and lots of red, Chinese New Year evolved into Valentines, so lots of places turned red and were festooned with balloons and flowers. As you can see the big yellow store became red for a couple of weeks to celebrate both occasions.
The 1st week of February saw a 3 day tube strike hit London, this caused much frustration and very long days. The fabulous picture of a gridlocked Trafalgar Square from the Police helicopter was a welcome tweet, as it took 65 minutes for me to navigate this square on the night of the strike....
Dotted between the rain deluges there were brief glimpses of blue sky which I grabbed a snap of from a window in my office! Over the past week the daffodils have begun to bloom, showing the first signs of spring.  A brief security event led to a little excitement at work along with much activity over social media. My favourite snap of the week was one I grabbed very early one morning as the sun was breaking over the park on my commute to work.
As February finishes and hopefully we have said goodbye to the very wet winter, and March shows signs of Spring... I am aiming to take some much needed days off work, catch up with friends & sleep!.... I have a couple of fun days planned, and definately some down time is on the agenda for March. Here is what is planned for the blog.....


1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Sounds like another busy month for you, Teresa. Did a double take while reading your first paragraph - did you get married without telling everybody???!!! x