Thursday, 6 March 2014

Thursday TV Treats

It seems that February and the beginning of March has been busier at work for me than January... so very little time for TV watching, however what time I have had I've caught up on some favourites.
This month I've caught up on Revenge and looking forward to the season finale next week. March has seen the start of a couple of programmes that have gone straight to my favourites. Silk is much welcome return with series 3. Rupert Penry Jones and Maxine Peake are fabulous in this courtroom drama, alongside a great supporting cast. Mary Berry also has a new cookery programme on BBC2, its so lovely to see this grand dame of the kitchen back on TV in a series of her own. she is the epitome of every ones granny in the kitchen... here lemon drizzle cake in episode 1 just looked delicious.
 The rest of my viewing has been taken up with Nashville and White Collar.... completely in love with the Rayner & Deacon story line.... and White Collar is just cool, New York mixed with old school rat pack glamour... perfect.
I have 3 box sets that are languishing in my To View pile, which I am hoping to watch soon.
1. Breaking Bad - I have tried twice with this and I'm struggling with getting past the 1st episode. Everyone keeps telling me to hang with it as its one of the most talked about TV show in recent years... and I will love it... maybe I need to watch when I'm a little more relaxed and can concentrate!
2. Suits - dipped in and out of this when I've caught it on TV so picked up the box set for £4 and hope to watch from the beginning.
3. The Arrow - this is eye-candy heaven for me and looking forward to watching this as its pure escapism.
would love to hear what's been on your watch list of late... and should I persevere with Breaking Bad?

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Breaking Bad - I tried three episodes and it wasn't for me at all. Hated it. And I think, why persevere? If you've tried twice and don't like it, maybe it's not for you. Same with books, I always think. If you don't like it, stop and move on - there are plenty of other things I'd love to read/watch, so why waste time on ones I'm trying to like because somebody tells me I should?!

Thursday, 6 March 2014

Thursday TV Treats

It seems that February and the beginning of March has been busier at work for me than January... so very little time for TV watching, however what time I have had I've caught up on some favourites.
This month I've caught up on Revenge and looking forward to the season finale next week. March has seen the start of a couple of programmes that have gone straight to my favourites. Silk is much welcome return with series 3. Rupert Penry Jones and Maxine Peake are fabulous in this courtroom drama, alongside a great supporting cast. Mary Berry also has a new cookery programme on BBC2, its so lovely to see this grand dame of the kitchen back on TV in a series of her own. she is the epitome of every ones granny in the kitchen... here lemon drizzle cake in episode 1 just looked delicious.
 The rest of my viewing has been taken up with Nashville and White Collar.... completely in love with the Rayner & Deacon story line.... and White Collar is just cool, New York mixed with old school rat pack glamour... perfect.
I have 3 box sets that are languishing in my To View pile, which I am hoping to watch soon.
1. Breaking Bad - I have tried twice with this and I'm struggling with getting past the 1st episode. Everyone keeps telling me to hang with it as its one of the most talked about TV show in recent years... and I will love it... maybe I need to watch when I'm a little more relaxed and can concentrate!
2. Suits - dipped in and out of this when I've caught it on TV so picked up the box set for £4 and hope to watch from the beginning.
3. The Arrow - this is eye-candy heaven for me and looking forward to watching this as its pure escapism.
would love to hear what's been on your watch list of late... and should I persevere with Breaking Bad?

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Breaking Bad - I tried three episodes and it wasn't for me at all. Hated it. And I think, why persevere? If you've tried twice and don't like it, maybe it's not for you. Same with books, I always think. If you don't like it, stop and move on - there are plenty of other things I'd love to read/watch, so why waste time on ones I'm trying to like because somebody tells me I should?!