Sunday, 26 October 2014

Tony at the Theatre Royal.....

Last Sundays evenings entertainment was courtesy of Tony Hadley  at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, accompanied by the South Bank Symphonia orchestra.
I saw Tony last year at the Albert Hall, and then again recently at the Spandau Ballet reunion at the Hall to watch the Soul Boys movie.
This guy just gets better as he gets older, accompanied by a great band and orchestra it was a mix of pop, rock, and old school glamour.
Tony's 1st act was a mix of covers and his own work and his 2nd act full on Spandau Ballet classics.
Here's a few of my favourites from this tour (some videos from other nights)
Act 1:
Somebody told me ~ The Killers - a vey cool version....

and a gorgeous version of Bridge Over Troubled Water, one of my favourites and always gives me goose bumps.

 
Act 2:
Tony's favourite song....

an old school classic ... round and round

a great new song Soul Boy
and a fabulous finale of Gold!

all were delivered with style, panache ... a complete showman who owns the stage... all accompanied by a great band & orchestra, a large jack daniels and plenty of old school glamour.... Tony transported me from today, back 30 years and I fell in love all over again.
 

No comments:

Sunday, 26 October 2014

Tony at the Theatre Royal.....

Last Sundays evenings entertainment was courtesy of Tony Hadley  at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, accompanied by the South Bank Symphonia orchestra.
I saw Tony last year at the Albert Hall, and then again recently at the Spandau Ballet reunion at the Hall to watch the Soul Boys movie.
This guy just gets better as he gets older, accompanied by a great band and orchestra it was a mix of pop, rock, and old school glamour.
Tony's 1st act was a mix of covers and his own work and his 2nd act full on Spandau Ballet classics.
Here's a few of my favourites from this tour (some videos from other nights)
Act 1:
Somebody told me ~ The Killers - a vey cool version....

and a gorgeous version of Bridge Over Troubled Water, one of my favourites and always gives me goose bumps.

 
Act 2:
Tony's favourite song....

an old school classic ... round and round

a great new song Soul Boy
and a fabulous finale of Gold!

all were delivered with style, panache ... a complete showman who owns the stage... all accompanied by a great band & orchestra, a large jack daniels and plenty of old school glamour.... Tony transported me from today, back 30 years and I fell in love all over again.
 

No comments: