Tuesday, 14 October 2014

You can take the girl out of the 80's...

but not the 80's out of the girl!... this week I have had acute moments of being 44 going on 14!.... and have spent moments of the week regressing to 1984 at regular intervals. Looking at what I have planned this weekend this is likely to continue into next week, as I am off to see Tony Hadley on Sunday..
Way back in February I received notification of Tony Hadley's planned tour dates for the autumn. As a huge TH & Spandau Ballet fan I jumped at the chance to see him with a full orchestra.

I had seen Tony last year at the Royal Albert Hall and he was fabulous, so I knew it would be a great show...and booked tickets, for the Theatre Royal in Drury Lane. ( Here's my post from last year.)
I never thought way back in February that I would also be seeing Spandau Ballet on stage in the same month, as there had been no talk of another reconciliation since the reformation tour of 2009.
 Earlier this month I attended the Movie Premiere of Soul Boys of the Western World at the Royal Albert Hall and loved it. I tweeted my blog post and was thrilled to receive the attached from Gary in response.


With such a fantastic response to the event and movie it was no surprise that the Ballet boys announced a tour this week for early next year. Monday morning  8am was spent on ipad securing tickets for next March... perfect school reunion night planned with the girls!
 I have loved watching the guys PR the movie and album on TV shows over the past couple of weeks. Here's one of my favourites from This morning on Monday.
My Spandau Ballet moments continued, when shortly after the This Morning programmed aired I nearly bumped into Martin in Selfridges. I was coming down the escalator to go to the foodhall to grab some lunch and he literally was in front of me!... The shy 14 year old reared its ugly head and I regressed completely!... made my afternoon when I received this.
Sometimes its the little things that bring the biggest smiles!... thanks Tony, Martin, Gary, Steve & John for bringing much joy to my October!.... looking forward to seeing Tony on Sunday and the Band in March... but before then I have an ITV Special to watch.... Pure Gold!

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

You really are collecting those celeb tweets!!

Victoria xx
FlorenceandMary.com

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

You can take the girl out of the 80's...

but not the 80's out of the girl!... this week I have had acute moments of being 44 going on 14!.... and have spent moments of the week regressing to 1984 at regular intervals. Looking at what I have planned this weekend this is likely to continue into next week, as I am off to see Tony Hadley on Sunday..
Way back in February I received notification of Tony Hadley's planned tour dates for the autumn. As a huge TH & Spandau Ballet fan I jumped at the chance to see him with a full orchestra.

I had seen Tony last year at the Royal Albert Hall and he was fabulous, so I knew it would be a great show...and booked tickets, for the Theatre Royal in Drury Lane. ( Here's my post from last year.)
I never thought way back in February that I would also be seeing Spandau Ballet on stage in the same month, as there had been no talk of another reconciliation since the reformation tour of 2009.
 Earlier this month I attended the Movie Premiere of Soul Boys of the Western World at the Royal Albert Hall and loved it. I tweeted my blog post and was thrilled to receive the attached from Gary in response.


With such a fantastic response to the event and movie it was no surprise that the Ballet boys announced a tour this week for early next year. Monday morning  8am was spent on ipad securing tickets for next March... perfect school reunion night planned with the girls!
 I have loved watching the guys PR the movie and album on TV shows over the past couple of weeks. Here's one of my favourites from This morning on Monday.
My Spandau Ballet moments continued, when shortly after the This Morning programmed aired I nearly bumped into Martin in Selfridges. I was coming down the escalator to go to the foodhall to grab some lunch and he literally was in front of me!... The shy 14 year old reared its ugly head and I regressed completely!... made my afternoon when I received this.
Sometimes its the little things that bring the biggest smiles!... thanks Tony, Martin, Gary, Steve & John for bringing much joy to my October!.... looking forward to seeing Tony on Sunday and the Band in March... but before then I have an ITV Special to watch.... Pure Gold!

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

You really are collecting those celeb tweets!!

Victoria xx
FlorenceandMary.com