Saturday, 21 November 2009

This week.....


it's been a bit of a Roller Coaster. Life has been a ride of highs and lows.....
Tuesday: Off to the Rugby, Saracens 'v' South Africa as wembley stadium..... great venue and a crowd of 48,000. Lots of green shirts for South Africa on the tube to the game. There's a large South African community in London... not forgetting that this side are the World Champions!. I caught up with my friends there, where we went for a Chinese first which was very yummy.
None of us were anticipating anything other than being beaten at this game and the score line at half time showed South Africa very much in front!.
Sarries came back after half time on the attack with a great display of Rugby and to clinch the win at full time!!!.... a great game of rugby!




Wednesday: After a stressful day as work I headed over to Portland Place for another Crochet class with the lovely Jane from Tea & Crafting. This nights lesson was Crochet Flower broaches!... and how cute are these. There was 6 of us in the class, Jane was extremely patient and eventually everyone went home with either a completed brooch or one nearing completion. I had a great night, and would recommend Jane's classes to all,(especially as sweets & chocs are supplied!!)
Thursday & Friday were 2 very long and stressful days at work, along with another bereavement in the family. My Gramps's youngest brother died on Friday, which really knocked me sideways, as he was the last one of my Grandads 8 siblings.
So next week will be a trip to Bury St Edmunds for the funeral, and my boss dropped into the conversation at 5pm Friday night that he had booked me on a course next week for 2 days which is compulsory. This now means 5 days work to be actioned in 2 days prior to my holiday..... I'm a little stressed..

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Phew Teresa,
I'm exhausted just thinking about that!
I hope you are having a restful weekend.
love
Wx

Florence and Mary said...

Sorry to hear of your loss and all the stress at work... just think of all the fun you'll be having in NY very soon.

Victoria xx

Saturday, 21 November 2009

This week.....


it's been a bit of a Roller Coaster. Life has been a ride of highs and lows.....
Tuesday: Off to the Rugby, Saracens 'v' South Africa as wembley stadium..... great venue and a crowd of 48,000. Lots of green shirts for South Africa on the tube to the game. There's a large South African community in London... not forgetting that this side are the World Champions!. I caught up with my friends there, where we went for a Chinese first which was very yummy.
None of us were anticipating anything other than being beaten at this game and the score line at half time showed South Africa very much in front!.
Sarries came back after half time on the attack with a great display of Rugby and to clinch the win at full time!!!.... a great game of rugby!




Wednesday: After a stressful day as work I headed over to Portland Place for another Crochet class with the lovely Jane from Tea & Crafting. This nights lesson was Crochet Flower broaches!... and how cute are these. There was 6 of us in the class, Jane was extremely patient and eventually everyone went home with either a completed brooch or one nearing completion. I had a great night, and would recommend Jane's classes to all,(especially as sweets & chocs are supplied!!)
Thursday & Friday were 2 very long and stressful days at work, along with another bereavement in the family. My Gramps's youngest brother died on Friday, which really knocked me sideways, as he was the last one of my Grandads 8 siblings.
So next week will be a trip to Bury St Edmunds for the funeral, and my boss dropped into the conversation at 5pm Friday night that he had booked me on a course next week for 2 days which is compulsory. This now means 5 days work to be actioned in 2 days prior to my holiday..... I'm a little stressed..

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Phew Teresa,
I'm exhausted just thinking about that!
I hope you are having a restful weekend.
love
Wx

Florence and Mary said...

Sorry to hear of your loss and all the stress at work... just think of all the fun you'll be having in NY very soon.

Victoria xx