Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Spending a penny over coffee....

I have always been a coffee junkie and its caused many nights of insomnia due to caffeine overload however it is one of my favourite things and I really couldn't do without it. I have over the last few years taken the time to seek out independent coffee houses when I can. I do believe that a espresso / latte made with  great coffee beans is up there with an expertly mixed cocktail or perfect bottle of wine. Following from my trip to the London Coffee festival and armed with my London Coffee Guide I decided to explore a quirky coffee venue not far from work.
Nestled down a side street in Fitzrovia between Oxford street and Goodge street sits one of the quirkiest coffee shops you are ever likely to drink in!.... an old  underground Victorian Toilet.
Built in 1890 the toilet had become dormant by the 60's....50 years later it was bought to life as a cool coffee house and food bar.
The Attendant has retained much of its original features, including the porcelain urinals which make  fabulous coffee nooks.
The coffee bar is accessed by the original stairs down underground and even features its own 'coffee graffiti' wall which is a fun addition.
Coffee beans are roasted by Caravan and the milk is sourced from Ivy House farm in Somerset which has 120 Jersey dairy cows producing their milk... singularly they are great independent brands, combined they create a gorgeous coffee.... alchemy of the caffeine variety!
Along with some great NY inspired foods, I could easily pretend I was across the pond state-side.... perfect little treat.
I had much fun at the little underground coffee haven and look forward to ticking more coffee adventures in the city...
Here are some more coffee adventures from London and across the pond in New York...

No comments:

Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Spending a penny over coffee....

I have always been a coffee junkie and its caused many nights of insomnia due to caffeine overload however it is one of my favourite things and I really couldn't do without it. I have over the last few years taken the time to seek out independent coffee houses when I can. I do believe that a espresso / latte made with  great coffee beans is up there with an expertly mixed cocktail or perfect bottle of wine. Following from my trip to the London Coffee festival and armed with my London Coffee Guide I decided to explore a quirky coffee venue not far from work.
Nestled down a side street in Fitzrovia between Oxford street and Goodge street sits one of the quirkiest coffee shops you are ever likely to drink in!.... an old  underground Victorian Toilet.
Built in 1890 the toilet had become dormant by the 60's....50 years later it was bought to life as a cool coffee house and food bar.
The Attendant has retained much of its original features, including the porcelain urinals which make  fabulous coffee nooks.
The coffee bar is accessed by the original stairs down underground and even features its own 'coffee graffiti' wall which is a fun addition.
Coffee beans are roasted by Caravan and the milk is sourced from Ivy House farm in Somerset which has 120 Jersey dairy cows producing their milk... singularly they are great independent brands, combined they create a gorgeous coffee.... alchemy of the caffeine variety!
Along with some great NY inspired foods, I could easily pretend I was across the pond state-side.... perfect little treat.
I had much fun at the little underground coffee haven and look forward to ticking more coffee adventures in the city...
Here are some more coffee adventures from London and across the pond in New York...

No comments: