Monday, 11 May 2015

Work / Life balance

Last week I had all good intentions to kick off May joining Elizabeth and her Blog Every Day in May challenge. It is something that I have tried to do the last couple of years and this year I failed miserably at the first hurdle with work completely overtaking life last week.... 62 hours in a 4 day week + saturday!... it was quite horrid!, however I am back for a new week and hopefully will participate a little more!
This week also is walk to work week and although that isn't possible I am trying to walk to the station every day and get off a couple of tube stops before my normal stop and walk a little more... check back later this week and I will share my progress!... with the mornings and evenings lighter my trek through the park is quite lovely in spring....

My walk to work is being aided by some fabulous  new trainers and I have become a "sneaker commuter" convert this yeear!.. they are blending lovely with my walk through the park.
To keep me motivated on my walk I have my much loved ipod which I have many tools & apps to keep me going. I have created a great "walk to work" playlist which takes me the 25 minute walk from home to station; featuring some funky old school classics and recent floor-fillers.
I also have 2 books on 'audible! which are a great way to read and walk. I am currently listening to my lovely friend Ali Mcnamara's  "From Nottinghill with Love"  which i'm loving listening too and also a Phillipa Gregory which is narrated by the lovely Rupert Penry-Jones which motivates me to walk an extra lap just to listen to his dulcet tones! .. I have found that I walked more listening to books as if I havent finished the chapter I walk around the block again, especially if the weather is dry.
Hopefully this week I will get over to some of the other blogs in #BEDM and look forward to catching up a little.... x

No comments:

Monday, 11 May 2015

Work / Life balance

Last week I had all good intentions to kick off May joining Elizabeth and her Blog Every Day in May challenge. It is something that I have tried to do the last couple of years and this year I failed miserably at the first hurdle with work completely overtaking life last week.... 62 hours in a 4 day week + saturday!... it was quite horrid!, however I am back for a new week and hopefully will participate a little more!
This week also is walk to work week and although that isn't possible I am trying to walk to the station every day and get off a couple of tube stops before my normal stop and walk a little more... check back later this week and I will share my progress!... with the mornings and evenings lighter my trek through the park is quite lovely in spring....

My walk to work is being aided by some fabulous  new trainers and I have become a "sneaker commuter" convert this yeear!.. they are blending lovely with my walk through the park.
To keep me motivated on my walk I have my much loved ipod which I have many tools & apps to keep me going. I have created a great "walk to work" playlist which takes me the 25 minute walk from home to station; featuring some funky old school classics and recent floor-fillers.
I also have 2 books on 'audible! which are a great way to read and walk. I am currently listening to my lovely friend Ali Mcnamara's  "From Nottinghill with Love"  which i'm loving listening too and also a Phillipa Gregory which is narrated by the lovely Rupert Penry-Jones which motivates me to walk an extra lap just to listen to his dulcet tones! .. I have found that I walked more listening to books as if I havent finished the chapter I walk around the block again, especially if the weather is dry.
Hopefully this week I will get over to some of the other blogs in #BEDM and look forward to catching up a little.... x

No comments: