It has been some time since I posted a beauty post and I thought I would share some new products that have fallen into my beauty basket over the past couple of months for spring and in preparation for summer.
My beauty hamper basket is overflowing and I really don’t need anything, but sometimes the temptation becomes too much especially since it's so easy to click & collect at my desk. The joy of working in a store that houses the biggest beauty hall in the world means that my beauty haul is quite luxurious.
- Mac Cinderella – Mac launched the Cinderella collection in collaboration with Disney some weeks ago to coincide with the movie release. This collection sold out on-line and in store within an hour of launch and I was lucky enough to secure the gorgeous "stroke of midnight" eye palette and the "glass slipper" lip glaze, Both perfect from desk to dusk versatile products, which have the ability to take you from ugly sister to belle of the ball in moments.
- Victoria Beckham VBB for Nails inc – Vicky launched 2 colours with Nails inc late last year, bamboo white and judo red. With beautifully styled packaging I was tempted, however this month when I had my nails manicured at the Paint shop at work Jess my lovely nail technician talked me into trying the judo red.
- This month also sees another fabulous fashion collaboration with Christopher Kane and Nars. I am slowly becoming a huge fan of Nars and will now opt for that over Mac when looking at colour. The packaging is super cool and this week I bagged a lip glaze for the summer. I definitely am becoming a lip glaze/gloss gal in the lighter months and a lipstick lady in the winter. Here's the collection in all its glory.
- Dior – last year work hosted a huge Beauty project and I was fortunate to sample Dior's Maximiser Light boosting primer; Sally Hughes (one of the best beauty journalists) called this out last year as the primer that she couldn't live without and I completely agree with her, I love it, so versatile and whenever I use it I get asked what foundation I am wearing.
- Tom Ford and Chanel complete my spring / summer musts ….. Chanel's waterproof mascara is a must for me in the summer months; I suffer with an astigmatism in my eyes which creates lots of watering, so a good waterproof mascara is a must for me; Chanel ticks all my boxes and I have tried many before settling on this one. Great coverage and easy to remove.
- Tom Ford's summer collection launched this month and a large part of it has now sold out; every year one of my must products for my bag is a great bronzer…. Along with the very stylish packaging which will look fabulous being pulled out of my handbag for retouches, the product is just heavenly.
I'm now on a beauty embargo for a few weeks as there are a few launches happening in the coming months that I am excited about and will definitely be buying. I know that I am in a very fortunate position and get access to great exclusives and brands working in the big yellow store. I don’t think my make-up bag would look so luxurious if I didn't have a great discount and product available a few feet from my desk!... what's been falling into your beauty basket this month?