Monday, 25 August 2008

You can take the girl out of the 80's!.....



Mornin....for those that know me well, will know that i'm a bit of an 80's girl!...this weekend has been a bit of an 80's filled weekend....it's my friend Lucy's 30th Birthday so she had an 80's school disco party...uniform /80's icon essential.....there were lots of Madonna's, legwarmers, and of course the following man....in his 'Wake me up before you Go Go' heyday!....but what is going to finish my weekend off is seeing the great man himself tonight. It is his final gig and i am very excited to be going, with my bestest friend, who lived every moment of the 80's with me, of which I still have the shared diary to prove! So we are off to Earls Court to see George Michael....i found this this morning which has fuelled the excitement!....Earls Court.....on top of this we have had the fab Olympic handover and we are now the Olympic nation!...wow I travel past the site everyday to go to work, as it's about 20 minutes from me....i've volunteered already but I am incredibly proud to be in London.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Great card and fab cake, enjoy George Michael, he's wonderful :0)

michwot said...

have a great time tonight xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fabby cake and card T! I bet seeing George Michael was brill. I adored him in the 80s.

Lisadwb said...

Fun card!! And the cupcakes- YUM!! I loved your cookies for Santa card too. I bet Santa is extra good to you because of your yummy cupcakes!!! LOL

kim-paperbabe said...

Card is great, sounds like a fantastic way to celebrat your friends birthday! Kim x

Monday, 25 August 2008

You can take the girl out of the 80's!.....



Mornin....for those that know me well, will know that i'm a bit of an 80's girl!...this weekend has been a bit of an 80's filled weekend....it's my friend Lucy's 30th Birthday so she had an 80's school disco party...uniform /80's icon essential.....there were lots of Madonna's, legwarmers, and of course the following man....in his 'Wake me up before you Go Go' heyday!....but what is going to finish my weekend off is seeing the great man himself tonight. It is his final gig and i am very excited to be going, with my bestest friend, who lived every moment of the 80's with me, of which I still have the shared diary to prove! So we are off to Earls Court to see George Michael....i found this this morning which has fuelled the excitement!....Earls Court.....on top of this we have had the fab Olympic handover and we are now the Olympic nation!...wow I travel past the site everyday to go to work, as it's about 20 minutes from me....i've volunteered already but I am incredibly proud to be in London.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Great card and fab cake, enjoy George Michael, he's wonderful :0)

michwot said...

have a great time tonight xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fabby cake and card T! I bet seeing George Michael was brill. I adored him in the 80s.

Lisadwb said...

Fun card!! And the cupcakes- YUM!! I loved your cookies for Santa card too. I bet Santa is extra good to you because of your yummy cupcakes!!! LOL

kim-paperbabe said...

Card is great, sounds like a fantastic way to celebrat your friends birthday! Kim x