Tuesday, 23 June 2009

sew sweet...


Today is my gorgeous godson's 4th Birthday...so Happy Birthday Harry.

Life has been up & down over the last week. Thursday saw the launch of our 'summer' sale at work. When you work in one of the world's best & biggest department store's this is a hectic time. People started q'ing outside at 4.30am... you can imagine the rest, especially when some items are reduced by 75%. The handbag hall & shoe emporium were two of the busiest areas. I managed to pick up a few bargains to put away for birthday & christmas presents!... it makes it all a little sweeter when you get discount on top!

The weekend saw the celebration of Fathers Day. This was a tough day for me, I popped over the cemetery with some roses cut from my gramps's garden.

Last week whilst dropping off another bag at the charity shop. i stumbled on this book, it's a first edition from 1937!...not many pics, but a great bookshelf book, also picked up a few patterns and some threads for the sum of £1.50. I have recently followed the fab Mary Portas on Queen of the Charity shops. I have laughed out loud at her frustration with the 'old girl's ' in the shop!... the average age of my team is 62 so I had every empathy for her trying to "manage change" loved the D Day ~ Donate don't dump philosophy....all businesses should do it!.

I have over the last couple of weeks read some fab books on the train.... the first being A Vintage Affair a beautiful book, that will make you want to find your nearest vintage shop! and then Love the One Your With ... what would you do if "The One" walks back in your life? I could not put this down...

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

What lovely sewing things, I found some spools of thread recently I've yet to post on my blog.

I'll be sure to take lot's of photos on Saturday at my knitting lesson so you can be there virtually!

Victoria xx

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

sew sweet...


Today is my gorgeous godson's 4th Birthday...so Happy Birthday Harry.

Life has been up & down over the last week. Thursday saw the launch of our 'summer' sale at work. When you work in one of the world's best & biggest department store's this is a hectic time. People started q'ing outside at 4.30am... you can imagine the rest, especially when some items are reduced by 75%. The handbag hall & shoe emporium were two of the busiest areas. I managed to pick up a few bargains to put away for birthday & christmas presents!... it makes it all a little sweeter when you get discount on top!

The weekend saw the celebration of Fathers Day. This was a tough day for me, I popped over the cemetery with some roses cut from my gramps's garden.

Last week whilst dropping off another bag at the charity shop. i stumbled on this book, it's a first edition from 1937!...not many pics, but a great bookshelf book, also picked up a few patterns and some threads for the sum of £1.50. I have recently followed the fab Mary Portas on Queen of the Charity shops. I have laughed out loud at her frustration with the 'old girl's ' in the shop!... the average age of my team is 62 so I had every empathy for her trying to "manage change" loved the D Day ~ Donate don't dump philosophy....all businesses should do it!.

I have over the last couple of weeks read some fab books on the train.... the first being A Vintage Affair a beautiful book, that will make you want to find your nearest vintage shop! and then Love the One Your With ... what would you do if "The One" walks back in your life? I could not put this down...

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

What lovely sewing things, I found some spools of thread recently I've yet to post on my blog.

I'll be sure to take lot's of photos on Saturday at my knitting lesson so you can be there virtually!

Victoria xx