Thursday, 25 June 2009

Sometimes it's the little things......

that make the difference....My grandad had a writing bureau with a roll top and a treasure trove of draws. As a child this bureau housed hours of pleasure. I loved all the little compartments and the emporium of fountain pens & things that it contained. This bureau has now been left to me, and although it's not an antique it's very kitsch and holds wonderful memories. Last night I had to collect mu bureau from my grandads's house, fortunately my friend has a little van so we collected it together.
I travel to work daily with my friend, this commute takes us back 25 years to when we used to walk to school together daily. There are days when I don't think the conversation has changed at all!... there is very little in each others lives that we are not aware of, she is one of the few people that completely 'gets ' me!... she also knows that I would rather walk over 'hot coals' than ask for help!
I have a paved front garden / drive, recently said garden has given "spring watch" competition in it's wildlife & weed contribution. I have been very embarrassed of it, my lovely friend Justine last night on dropping off my bureau then proceeded to weed my garden.
The pleasure that i got this morning on leaving the house and walking through my weed free drive was immense. So thankyou hunny.....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

How precious to be left something so special.

I was given my nan's sewing table, like your "heirloom" it has more sentimental value than monetary but I love it!

Victoria xxx

Thursday, 25 June 2009

Sometimes it's the little things......

that make the difference....My grandad had a writing bureau with a roll top and a treasure trove of draws. As a child this bureau housed hours of pleasure. I loved all the little compartments and the emporium of fountain pens & things that it contained. This bureau has now been left to me, and although it's not an antique it's very kitsch and holds wonderful memories. Last night I had to collect mu bureau from my grandads's house, fortunately my friend has a little van so we collected it together.
I travel to work daily with my friend, this commute takes us back 25 years to when we used to walk to school together daily. There are days when I don't think the conversation has changed at all!... there is very little in each others lives that we are not aware of, she is one of the few people that completely 'gets ' me!... she also knows that I would rather walk over 'hot coals' than ask for help!
I have a paved front garden / drive, recently said garden has given "spring watch" competition in it's wildlife & weed contribution. I have been very embarrassed of it, my lovely friend Justine last night on dropping off my bureau then proceeded to weed my garden.
The pleasure that i got this morning on leaving the house and walking through my weed free drive was immense. So thankyou hunny.....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

How precious to be left something so special.

I was given my nan's sewing table, like your "heirloom" it has more sentimental value than monetary but I love it!

Victoria xxx