Saturday, 6 June 2009

Vintage Finds...


Time spent over recent weeks has been clearing my nan & gramps house, this house was my home from the age of 15 until 20 and I can't remember a day or weekend during my childhood that I wasn't there. I have some wonderful memories of my life there, which helps with the whole grieving process.

Obviously I have had lots of bits & bobs to drop off at charity shops and the local hospital day care centre's jumbles! I have been lucky enough on my travels to pick up some goodies myself!... charity shops are seeing a real boost at the moment with the current economic climate along with boot-sales ( i think Kirstie has also helped... although my friend is a little disappointed that she has given her 'skip diving' secret away!) I'm not a huge fan of boot sales as the one that is near me is too big, however if you want to check out what is near you.. log on here there is a small annual fee but great for the boot fans! I always loved a jumble!..my grandparents were scout leaders, so have fond memories of spending weekends being in a scout hut sifting through jumble!.. my finds this week has been the flea market finds & cath kidston books for £1 each and this great typewriter and hardback enid blyton books .... all from the local salvation army shop for the bargain price of £8.50!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I can sympathsise with you having to clear your grandparents home, it feels so strange to me now to have my nan's to visit at the weekend.

Wonderful thrifty finds, I love Enid Blyton books.

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Its no fun getting older is it, and the people that you lose along the way. Love your finds. I remember learning to type on a typewriter like that, and I used to love Enid Blyton books. God I'm showing my age. Yola

Debbie said...

Ooh great finds!! I found my first Enid Blyton book today so im really pleased! :)

YorkshireKaren said...

So sorry to hear about your grandparents, but glad you have so many wonderful memories to help you cope. I love reading your blog from time to time, you're so talented, and I love the EB books...I still have the ones in this picture from my own childhood, so now I'm feeling very old!...but priveleged to have loved them before they were considered politically incorrect by people who have NO idea what makes for a magical story!

Saturday, 6 June 2009

Vintage Finds...


Time spent over recent weeks has been clearing my nan & gramps house, this house was my home from the age of 15 until 20 and I can't remember a day or weekend during my childhood that I wasn't there. I have some wonderful memories of my life there, which helps with the whole grieving process.

Obviously I have had lots of bits & bobs to drop off at charity shops and the local hospital day care centre's jumbles! I have been lucky enough on my travels to pick up some goodies myself!... charity shops are seeing a real boost at the moment with the current economic climate along with boot-sales ( i think Kirstie has also helped... although my friend is a little disappointed that she has given her 'skip diving' secret away!) I'm not a huge fan of boot sales as the one that is near me is too big, however if you want to check out what is near you.. log on here there is a small annual fee but great for the boot fans! I always loved a jumble!..my grandparents were scout leaders, so have fond memories of spending weekends being in a scout hut sifting through jumble!.. my finds this week has been the flea market finds & cath kidston books for £1 each and this great typewriter and hardback enid blyton books .... all from the local salvation army shop for the bargain price of £8.50!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I can sympathsise with you having to clear your grandparents home, it feels so strange to me now to have my nan's to visit at the weekend.

Wonderful thrifty finds, I love Enid Blyton books.

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Its no fun getting older is it, and the people that you lose along the way. Love your finds. I remember learning to type on a typewriter like that, and I used to love Enid Blyton books. God I'm showing my age. Yola

Debbie said...

Ooh great finds!! I found my first Enid Blyton book today so im really pleased! :)

YorkshireKaren said...

So sorry to hear about your grandparents, but glad you have so many wonderful memories to help you cope. I love reading your blog from time to time, you're so talented, and I love the EB books...I still have the ones in this picture from my own childhood, so now I'm feeling very old!...but priveleged to have loved them before they were considered politically incorrect by people who have NO idea what makes for a magical story!