Monday, 29 June 2009

Yummy books to eat....

whilst walking past Claridges on my way to Liberty's Thursday evening... i was stopped in my tracks by this display of wedding cakes... they are of course by the fabulous Peggy Porschen. I was given her first book as a gift a few years ago and she inspired me to make cookies & cupcakes as well as cakes. Even if you are not a baker her books are a coffee table treat and I defy anyone not to have a go once you have seen her truly girly confections!....fortunately her latest book Cake Chic has hit work today, which has also now found it's way onto my desk!... I must say i was not disappointed!.... As most of you know I am a real bookworm, and honestly get anxiety attacks if I don't have a book to read!... I have recently read a fantastic book called 50 ways to find a lover this has had me laughing out loud on the train. I have now lent said book to my train buddy, I did not warn her that it will make her laugh out loud, she too has nearly combusted on the Central Line!... the second book that I must share with you all is I heart New York.. started this morning and i'm 100 pages in by the time I got home tonight!.. a must for anyone who loves NY!... both books heavily feature blogging so a must for anyone who blogs!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

ooh like the sound of the NY book going to have to add that one to my Amazon basket!

The candy kitchen is too gourgeous for words!!

LittleGem said...

Hi Teresa,
Just wanted to say sorry I have been a bit late emailing you back, but I sent you one this morning, and the brooch is yours :) XX Gem
P.S Love the cakes in the photos - beautiful! x

Archies Mum said...

I heart New York sounds really good. If you ever get the opportunity to go to Alnwick then you must go to Barter Books. It is the largest secondhand bookshop in Britian. Most of the books are in good nick (I'm not fussed on ones that look too worn). I ended up buying 6 while visiting (I did go twice tho' ha). Also apologies, I meant to say in my last posting congrats on winning the Cute Card prize you deserve it.

Florence and Mary said...

I love Peggy P's books and had a look at the latest ones yesterday.

We obviously read the same sort of books on our commutes as I have just picked up 50 ways from the library and waiting for them to get a copy of the NY one as I just love NY!!!

Victoria xx

Monday, 29 June 2009

Yummy books to eat....

whilst walking past Claridges on my way to Liberty's Thursday evening... i was stopped in my tracks by this display of wedding cakes... they are of course by the fabulous Peggy Porschen. I was given her first book as a gift a few years ago and she inspired me to make cookies & cupcakes as well as cakes. Even if you are not a baker her books are a coffee table treat and I defy anyone not to have a go once you have seen her truly girly confections!....fortunately her latest book Cake Chic has hit work today, which has also now found it's way onto my desk!... I must say i was not disappointed!.... As most of you know I am a real bookworm, and honestly get anxiety attacks if I don't have a book to read!... I have recently read a fantastic book called 50 ways to find a lover this has had me laughing out loud on the train. I have now lent said book to my train buddy, I did not warn her that it will make her laugh out loud, she too has nearly combusted on the Central Line!... the second book that I must share with you all is I heart New York.. started this morning and i'm 100 pages in by the time I got home tonight!.. a must for anyone who loves NY!... both books heavily feature blogging so a must for anyone who blogs!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

ooh like the sound of the NY book going to have to add that one to my Amazon basket!

The candy kitchen is too gourgeous for words!!

LittleGem said...

Hi Teresa,
Just wanted to say sorry I have been a bit late emailing you back, but I sent you one this morning, and the brooch is yours :) XX Gem
P.S Love the cakes in the photos - beautiful! x

Archies Mum said...

I heart New York sounds really good. If you ever get the opportunity to go to Alnwick then you must go to Barter Books. It is the largest secondhand bookshop in Britian. Most of the books are in good nick (I'm not fussed on ones that look too worn). I ended up buying 6 while visiting (I did go twice tho' ha). Also apologies, I meant to say in my last posting congrats on winning the Cute Card prize you deserve it.

Florence and Mary said...

I love Peggy P's books and had a look at the latest ones yesterday.

We obviously read the same sort of books on our commutes as I have just picked up 50 ways from the library and waiting for them to get a copy of the NY one as I just love NY!!!

Victoria xx