Thursday, 20 August 2009

funky 4oth...


Some weeks ago the best friend of my S.I.L contacted me and asked if I could make her a 40th birthday cake. No probs I said... what would you like?...
a 3 tier stacked sponge cake, colour scheme cream, pink & purple was the answer....
... i drew some sketches & designs emailed them over and waited.... a couple of weeks passed without hearing anything. I didn't want to put my SIL on the spot and just thought that she had found something else....
Panic struck on opening an email 5 days prior to the event with a line saying... when is is ok to pick up the cake?... AAAAAH the Don't Panic My Mannering immediately came to mind, said week also involved financial half year at work and my brother and I's birthday! It appears that a mix up with emails, spam filters and holidays had created the lack of communication... not to let her down an emergency trip the the wholesalers and couple of v.late nights ( sometimes my insomnia is a benefit!) i threw together this, fortunately Sonia wanted something funky, which didn't involve lots of fiddly work....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW that is one amazing cake!!!!
I bet your SIL's friend was over the moon!

Lots of Love
Kelly

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Fab cake, looks beautiful.
Well done you.
Sophie xxx

Florence and Mary said...

Well considering you had to do it with short notice in the end it looks pretty amazing to me!

Victoria xx

Thursday, 20 August 2009

funky 4oth...


Some weeks ago the best friend of my S.I.L contacted me and asked if I could make her a 40th birthday cake. No probs I said... what would you like?...
a 3 tier stacked sponge cake, colour scheme cream, pink & purple was the answer....
... i drew some sketches & designs emailed them over and waited.... a couple of weeks passed without hearing anything. I didn't want to put my SIL on the spot and just thought that she had found something else....
Panic struck on opening an email 5 days prior to the event with a line saying... when is is ok to pick up the cake?... AAAAAH the Don't Panic My Mannering immediately came to mind, said week also involved financial half year at work and my brother and I's birthday! It appears that a mix up with emails, spam filters and holidays had created the lack of communication... not to let her down an emergency trip the the wholesalers and couple of v.late nights ( sometimes my insomnia is a benefit!) i threw together this, fortunately Sonia wanted something funky, which didn't involve lots of fiddly work....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW that is one amazing cake!!!!
I bet your SIL's friend was over the moon!

Lots of Love
Kelly

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Fab cake, looks beautiful.
Well done you.
Sophie xxx

Florence and Mary said...

Well considering you had to do it with short notice in the end it looks pretty amazing to me!

Victoria xx