Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Books to eat........


I have bagged a few bargains over recent weeks at work .... as most of you have gathered I am a bit of a book worm!... i am at my happiest when my head is in a book and I'm lost in the imagination of "bookland"... this is very handy when dealing with the daily commute of trains & tube,( especially when they decide to strike which currently is every thursday & friday in august!)...
I have piled on my staircase which is openplan in my lounge a mountain of books; books to read, books to keep, and books to share!...it is becoming quite a feature! I have also found a shop near me who trades 2nd hand books with credit slips which is fab.. so i have started to swap some now. Along with my obsession to read I also do love a cook book... whilst browsing at work recently the bookstore had Nigella's Feast & Sophie Dahls Voluptuous Delights which I bagged for £7 for the two. On route back to my office with my goodies I had to walk through The Designers Guild where I bagged the tea cup fabric remnant for £1!!... I only popped out for a coffee!
A recent read which had been languishing on the stairs for some time is the fantabulous Time Travellers Wife... i had to read this after seeing this trailer recently at the cinema.. I hasten to say that my ticket is booked for the cinema.... tissues are ready & waiting.

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Nigellas Feast is a great book and I use her cookie recipe all the time.

I'm still waiting for Sophie's book to come in the library for me.

You did very well for someone who popped out for a coffee ;o)

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I absolutely love reading as well and I love it when you tell us what you are reading. I am actually in the middle of reading Tell me something by Adele Parks and loving it. Thanks for sharing with us. You are really lucky at finding the bargains Yola

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

What fabby finds, I have Feast and have been meaning to try the Guiness Cake for ages. Sophie's book is on my wish list at the momment. Wish I could pop out for coffee from work and come back with such great stuff.
Sophie xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

I want to read the book after seeing the trailer for it at the cinema recently. Must get it and indulge, seeing as it comes highly recommended! Hugs, Lainy xxx

Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Books to eat........


I have bagged a few bargains over recent weeks at work .... as most of you have gathered I am a bit of a book worm!... i am at my happiest when my head is in a book and I'm lost in the imagination of "bookland"... this is very handy when dealing with the daily commute of trains & tube,( especially when they decide to strike which currently is every thursday & friday in august!)...
I have piled on my staircase which is openplan in my lounge a mountain of books; books to read, books to keep, and books to share!...it is becoming quite a feature! I have also found a shop near me who trades 2nd hand books with credit slips which is fab.. so i have started to swap some now. Along with my obsession to read I also do love a cook book... whilst browsing at work recently the bookstore had Nigella's Feast & Sophie Dahls Voluptuous Delights which I bagged for £7 for the two. On route back to my office with my goodies I had to walk through The Designers Guild where I bagged the tea cup fabric remnant for £1!!... I only popped out for a coffee!
A recent read which had been languishing on the stairs for some time is the fantabulous Time Travellers Wife... i had to read this after seeing this trailer recently at the cinema.. I hasten to say that my ticket is booked for the cinema.... tissues are ready & waiting.

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Nigellas Feast is a great book and I use her cookie recipe all the time.

I'm still waiting for Sophie's book to come in the library for me.

You did very well for someone who popped out for a coffee ;o)

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I absolutely love reading as well and I love it when you tell us what you are reading. I am actually in the middle of reading Tell me something by Adele Parks and loving it. Thanks for sharing with us. You are really lucky at finding the bargains Yola

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

What fabby finds, I have Feast and have been meaning to try the Guiness Cake for ages. Sophie's book is on my wish list at the momment. Wish I could pop out for coffee from work and come back with such great stuff.
Sophie xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

I want to read the book after seeing the trailer for it at the cinema recently. Must get it and indulge, seeing as it comes highly recommended! Hugs, Lainy xxx