Sunday, 30 August 2009

Vintage treasures...

As blogged, yesterday i popped down to Leigh-on-Sea, whilst perusing the high street, I stumbled on one of their charity shop's (they have many!) and fell in love with this... which isn't ideal when you have no bag, you have come by train and a very large hill is between you and the train station... but for £7 i had to have it all!......... I know its not complete and I probably won't use it but I just lYved it!.. and the very lovely lady in the shop wrapped it all in paper, found me a box and held onto it until I had finished my day.... it will look great for afternoon tea for 3!
Blog Update: I have now found out that this china dates from the 1950's and is by Alfred Meakin and is his MontMartre Paris collection.......

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Eeeeekkk I'm soooo jealous this teaset is perfect!

I love Alfred Meakin and have a few bits and pieces from him but nothing as fabulous as that teaset!

Victoria xx

Sharon said...

The teaset is gorgeous!!
All these vintage type stuff is making a comeback.

YorkshireKaren said...

ooh I love your teaset! Well worth carrying around on the train, it's gorgeous!

Sunday, 30 August 2009

Vintage treasures...

As blogged, yesterday i popped down to Leigh-on-Sea, whilst perusing the high street, I stumbled on one of their charity shop's (they have many!) and fell in love with this... which isn't ideal when you have no bag, you have come by train and a very large hill is between you and the train station... but for £7 i had to have it all!......... I know its not complete and I probably won't use it but I just lYved it!.. and the very lovely lady in the shop wrapped it all in paper, found me a box and held onto it until I had finished my day.... it will look great for afternoon tea for 3!
Blog Update: I have now found out that this china dates from the 1950's and is by Alfred Meakin and is his MontMartre Paris collection.......

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Eeeeekkk I'm soooo jealous this teaset is perfect!

I love Alfred Meakin and have a few bits and pieces from him but nothing as fabulous as that teaset!

Victoria xx

Sharon said...

The teaset is gorgeous!!
All these vintage type stuff is making a comeback.

YorkshireKaren said...

ooh I love your teaset! Well worth carrying around on the train, it's gorgeous!