Sunday, 30 August 2009

Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside.....

After a mammoth shop at the cake wholesalers on saturday morning (for a wedding next weekend), I decided to head down to the coast....my destination Leigh-on-Sea. I had no real plans other than head to the station and get on the train... fortunately no engineering work and a train at the platform saw the 35 minute journey fly past. I have been to Leigh before, as my friends mum lives there and to dine at the Boatyard, but i've never just rambled around.
The weather was lovely and even the steep climb from the station to the high street did not detract from a really nice day. I fell upon a treasure trove of shops which had too many nice things in them and found some treasures in one of their charity shops (of which there are many!)...If I had been a little more organised I would have called ahead and let Just's mum know I was about, but didn't want to turn up unannounced.
After rambling down the high street I headed down to old Leigh where the cockle sheds are and sat on the sea wall and had a beer & some shellfish, a great end to a lovely day.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Victoria xxx

Sunday, 30 August 2009

Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside.....

After a mammoth shop at the cake wholesalers on saturday morning (for a wedding next weekend), I decided to head down to the coast....my destination Leigh-on-Sea. I had no real plans other than head to the station and get on the train... fortunately no engineering work and a train at the platform saw the 35 minute journey fly past. I have been to Leigh before, as my friends mum lives there and to dine at the Boatyard, but i've never just rambled around.
The weather was lovely and even the steep climb from the station to the high street did not detract from a really nice day. I fell upon a treasure trove of shops which had too many nice things in them and found some treasures in one of their charity shops (of which there are many!)...If I had been a little more organised I would have called ahead and let Just's mum know I was about, but didn't want to turn up unannounced.
After rambling down the high street I headed down to old Leigh where the cockle sheds are and sat on the sea wall and had a beer & some shellfish, a great end to a lovely day.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

Victoria xxx