Sunday, 27 September 2009

The de-clutter begins!

this year one of my resolutions was to create more of a home for myself, what with one thing and another (loosing Gramps) I haven't done anything about it.
My house needs some major re-decoration and a really good clear-out!... I can't put it off any longer, I have a colleague re-locating from Leicester to London and everyone thinks that my spare room would be an ideal re-location for a few months until she is settled. Having done the relocation thing I can empathise with her on how difficult it is, also the company would be welcome at the moment.... so a huge clear-out is required!
This challenge is big and time is limited so its all go at the moment... I can always remember my nan having a good clear out in Sept/Oct getting ready for the winter, so this is my Autumnal De-Clutter!
This recent read has also been inspirational.... A Spring Affair mmmm I hope that my 'skip' man is as yummy!
So my top tips for myself are:
Y Be Brave!
Y One Room at a Time
Y Make a Mess
Y Be Logical
Y Not All Clutter is Junk
Y Storage Solutions
Y Get Rid Feel Good
Y Relax........

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

There's definitely something in the air as Kelly and I are doing the same thing at the moment!

I love having a clear out, I did my de-clutter last week and this weekends plan is get all the things left in my room organised properly. Such a nightmare at the moment in 1 room with boxes of goodies to display in my home when I eventually move out that i need to bring some order!!!

Victoria xx

PS I'm picking spring affair up from the library tomorrow, I saw it was about decluttering and ordered it a couple of weeks ago!

Kelly said...

Good luck! As you know I am doing the same and I promise it will look worse before it gets better!
My tip is to keep at least one area clear at any one time so you have a retreat (I have downstairs looking as normal while I'm de cluttering upstairs!) Also do your 'prettying' as you go along so you can see the results!
I agree you need to be brave too it does get easier :)

Lots of Love

kelly xxxxx

Sunday, 27 September 2009

The de-clutter begins!

this year one of my resolutions was to create more of a home for myself, what with one thing and another (loosing Gramps) I haven't done anything about it.
My house needs some major re-decoration and a really good clear-out!... I can't put it off any longer, I have a colleague re-locating from Leicester to London and everyone thinks that my spare room would be an ideal re-location for a few months until she is settled. Having done the relocation thing I can empathise with her on how difficult it is, also the company would be welcome at the moment.... so a huge clear-out is required!
This challenge is big and time is limited so its all go at the moment... I can always remember my nan having a good clear out in Sept/Oct getting ready for the winter, so this is my Autumnal De-Clutter!
This recent read has also been inspirational.... A Spring Affair mmmm I hope that my 'skip' man is as yummy!
So my top tips for myself are:
Y Be Brave!
Y One Room at a Time
Y Make a Mess
Y Be Logical
Y Not All Clutter is Junk
Y Storage Solutions
Y Get Rid Feel Good
Y Relax........

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

There's definitely something in the air as Kelly and I are doing the same thing at the moment!

I love having a clear out, I did my de-clutter last week and this weekends plan is get all the things left in my room organised properly. Such a nightmare at the moment in 1 room with boxes of goodies to display in my home when I eventually move out that i need to bring some order!!!

Victoria xx

PS I'm picking spring affair up from the library tomorrow, I saw it was about decluttering and ordered it a couple of weeks ago!

Kelly said...

Good luck! As you know I am doing the same and I promise it will look worse before it gets better!
My tip is to keep at least one area clear at any one time so you have a retreat (I have downstairs looking as normal while I'm de cluttering upstairs!) Also do your 'prettying' as you go along so you can see the results!
I agree you need to be brave too it does get easier :)

Lots of Love

kelly xxxxx