Thursday, 3 September 2009

Dreamboats & Petticoats

Tonight I took my mum & friend Chris to see Dreamboats & Petticoats for my mums birthday. We don't spend much time together my mum & I, so it was nice to go out and have some fun. I've been feeling quite low lately and this was a welcome pick me up........ set in 1961 to a backdrop of fantastic songs from the 50's in the local Youth Club and and a Day Trip to the Kursaal at Southend! When we got there, I found that our seats had been upgraded and we were 6 rows from the front in the stalls. By the end of the evening it doesn't matter where you are sitting as everyone was up twisting & jiving in the aisles. the cast are great with some fab new-comers making their west end debut and some familiar faces from soap land. The very yummy Ben Freeman, previously in Emmerdale as Scott Windsor plays chancer 'Norman'.. with a great voice and a six pack to lick ice-cream off! His on-screen mum sat in front of us with her mum!
If you get the opportunity to see this before it finishes in a few weeks I highly recommend it... plot line is very simple but the songs will have your hands clapping & your feet tapping!.

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

My friend went and saw this a couple of weeks ago and gave it the thumbs up... now see the yummy man in it i might have to definitely go and see it!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

That looks great!
I can see my chum will be up for it! :)

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Thursday, 3 September 2009

Dreamboats & Petticoats

Tonight I took my mum & friend Chris to see Dreamboats & Petticoats for my mums birthday. We don't spend much time together my mum & I, so it was nice to go out and have some fun. I've been feeling quite low lately and this was a welcome pick me up........ set in 1961 to a backdrop of fantastic songs from the 50's in the local Youth Club and and a Day Trip to the Kursaal at Southend! When we got there, I found that our seats had been upgraded and we were 6 rows from the front in the stalls. By the end of the evening it doesn't matter where you are sitting as everyone was up twisting & jiving in the aisles. the cast are great with some fab new-comers making their west end debut and some familiar faces from soap land. The very yummy Ben Freeman, previously in Emmerdale as Scott Windsor plays chancer 'Norman'.. with a great voice and a six pack to lick ice-cream off! His on-screen mum sat in front of us with her mum!
If you get the opportunity to see this before it finishes in a few weeks I highly recommend it... plot line is very simple but the songs will have your hands clapping & your feet tapping!.

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

My friend went and saw this a couple of weeks ago and gave it the thumbs up... now see the yummy man in it i might have to definitely go and see it!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

That looks great!
I can see my chum will be up for it! :)

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx