Saturday, 26 September 2009

A New York moment............


This weekend saw the new release of FAME....this film was a huge inspiration to me, followed by the spin off tv series, remember this!

Fame started my love affair with New York, it was somewhere that i had to go, (especially as you got to dance on the top of yellow taxi!).. I wasn't even in my teens when this first hit but can remember being swept up into the whole Dance/Music school vibe.... jazz shoes & leg-warmers were a huge hit!

My love affair with New York continues on, and still my favourite place in the world. I won't get there this year but are planning for next year already!... in the mean time I have discovered The City which is the spin-off of The Hills... it is addictive, especially Olivia who is quite hideous. so this will ease my NY fix for the next few weeks. Also recently discovered is Lipstick Jungle this is written by Candace Bushnell writer of Sex & the City. Loved the book... series did not disappoint..especially the character of Kirby Oh my word... definitely candidate for Scrum of the Week!

This week sees me having an ugly betty moment.. I'm undecided on whether to cut a fringe into my hair, however I am worrying that i will look like Ugly Betty's mum in doing so!... watch this space!


3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

NY is my favourite place in the world, my mum and I are hoping to return next year too.

Victoria xx

PS I will send you an email re Thurs x

Kelly said...

I love NY too I think everone should experience it!
I'm sure you wouldn't look like Ugly Betty's Mum!!!!! ha ha

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous layout Teresa! can't wait to see the new do..if you decide!

Hugs, Kelly

Saturday, 26 September 2009

A New York moment............


This weekend saw the new release of FAME....this film was a huge inspiration to me, followed by the spin off tv series, remember this!

Fame started my love affair with New York, it was somewhere that i had to go, (especially as you got to dance on the top of yellow taxi!).. I wasn't even in my teens when this first hit but can remember being swept up into the whole Dance/Music school vibe.... jazz shoes & leg-warmers were a huge hit!

My love affair with New York continues on, and still my favourite place in the world. I won't get there this year but are planning for next year already!... in the mean time I have discovered The City which is the spin-off of The Hills... it is addictive, especially Olivia who is quite hideous. so this will ease my NY fix for the next few weeks. Also recently discovered is Lipstick Jungle this is written by Candace Bushnell writer of Sex & the City. Loved the book... series did not disappoint..especially the character of Kirby Oh my word... definitely candidate for Scrum of the Week!

This week sees me having an ugly betty moment.. I'm undecided on whether to cut a fringe into my hair, however I am worrying that i will look like Ugly Betty's mum in doing so!... watch this space!


3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

NY is my favourite place in the world, my mum and I are hoping to return next year too.

Victoria xx

PS I will send you an email re Thurs x

Kelly said...

I love NY too I think everone should experience it!
I'm sure you wouldn't look like Ugly Betty's Mum!!!!! ha ha

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous layout Teresa! can't wait to see the new do..if you decide!

Hugs, Kelly