Wednesday, 23 September 2009

knit 1, purl 1....

the nights are drawing in, so perfect time for the knitting needles to come out!.... this year i'm spolit for choice crochet or knitting!!... mmm my friends complain that i'm a 'hermit' already as i'm a nightmare to get out! i've now got something else to keep me from venturing out!!!...
Tonight I made over a knitting pattern book of my nans, with some great papers from cosmo cricket and a stamp from hanglar....its full of old patterns which i love. They bring back lots of memories as my gramps knitted a lot for me when I was little.
I've also knitted a little bag to put my crocheting in, whilst i'm on the train in the morning!... granny squares are coming on!
Jane who I blogged about recently has listed some new workshops for October... check them out here.
It looks like she's caught the blogging bug too! I've booked to do the flower brooches... hopefully will see some of you there!
I have also discovered this amazing blog by Vanessa, who's crocheted scarf is so on my wish list.....a lovely bright funky blog. Kelly has also posted a knitting post, supporting this great cause and a worthy reason to get the knitting needles out!
This weeks train read is the fitting "The Knitting Circle" which i picked up in the charity shop this week...
Recipes of London Life has come back after its summer break.. check it out here.
have a great week... Tx

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm totally loving knitting at the moment!

Gresat post :)

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxxx

Florence and Mary said...

Once again we have a book in common, the Knitting Circle is ready for collection from the library for me!

I'm looking forward to settling down this Winter with some knitting.

Victoria xxx

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

knit 1, purl 1....

the nights are drawing in, so perfect time for the knitting needles to come out!.... this year i'm spolit for choice crochet or knitting!!... mmm my friends complain that i'm a 'hermit' already as i'm a nightmare to get out! i've now got something else to keep me from venturing out!!!...
Tonight I made over a knitting pattern book of my nans, with some great papers from cosmo cricket and a stamp from hanglar....its full of old patterns which i love. They bring back lots of memories as my gramps knitted a lot for me when I was little.
I've also knitted a little bag to put my crocheting in, whilst i'm on the train in the morning!... granny squares are coming on!
Jane who I blogged about recently has listed some new workshops for October... check them out here.
It looks like she's caught the blogging bug too! I've booked to do the flower brooches... hopefully will see some of you there!
I have also discovered this amazing blog by Vanessa, who's crocheted scarf is so on my wish list.....a lovely bright funky blog. Kelly has also posted a knitting post, supporting this great cause and a worthy reason to get the knitting needles out!
This weeks train read is the fitting "The Knitting Circle" which i picked up in the charity shop this week...
Recipes of London Life has come back after its summer break.. check it out here.
have a great week... Tx

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm totally loving knitting at the moment!

Gresat post :)

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxxx

Florence and Mary said...

Once again we have a book in common, the Knitting Circle is ready for collection from the library for me!

I'm looking forward to settling down this Winter with some knitting.

Victoria xxx