Friday, 18 September 2009

National Cupcake Week Day 5 ~ Books to Eat


If there was the equivalent of an AA for books I would probably have to join it and confess that I am a book addict.
I can't remember ever not having my head in a book, this obviously spills over to Cupcake books as well! .... I'm a sucker for a gorgeous scrummy picture on the front, the yummier the better..... Here are a few of my favs, for either the recipe or just to devour the pictures.
Y The Hummingbird Bakery ~ a joy from cover to cover, both for the recipes and as a coffee table read.
Y Cake Chic - Peggy Porschen ~ any of Peggy's books are a must, the 'Christian Louboutin' of cakes!
Y Magnolia Bakery Cookbook ~ no cupcake devotee would be without a Magnolia. Sex & the City catapulted the cupcake to stardom and a trip to New York would be incomplete without a stop off at 401 Bleecker Street.
Y Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey ~ not a specific cupcake book, but a feast on the taste buds and a must for a sweet tooth!
Y Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Book ~ a real hidden gem. recipes are a joy and the names are sumptuous....
currently on my wish list is Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery..... it may just fall in the shopping basket this month!... the highlighted titles will take you to a detailed review & more pics, enjoy!
what's your favorite cupcake book?
ps.. the highlighted titles will take you to a detailed review & more pics, enjoy!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm a sucker for a cupcake book too.

I was disappointed the Magnolia Bakery ones don't have many pictures in them though but Sticky, Chewy is a feast for the eyes - have you ever made anything from it?

Have a great weekend,

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

They all look brilliant and make me feel like getting the mixer out. I've only got 1 cupcake book and its called Cupcakes by Susannah Blake, some gorgeous cakes in it. I have to admit tho' I'm a big Nigella fan and have all her cookbooks and can spend hours watching her on the telly (how sad am I ha ha) Yola x

Kelly said...

I soo want that Peggy Porshcen book!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Archies Mum said...

Hi Teresa Sorry but its me again. Was just browsing through the web and came across this link and thought of you. Hope you don't mind http://www.cupcakeemporium.co.uk/home.htm

Friday, 18 September 2009

National Cupcake Week Day 5 ~ Books to Eat


If there was the equivalent of an AA for books I would probably have to join it and confess that I am a book addict.
I can't remember ever not having my head in a book, this obviously spills over to Cupcake books as well! .... I'm a sucker for a gorgeous scrummy picture on the front, the yummier the better..... Here are a few of my favs, for either the recipe or just to devour the pictures.
Y The Hummingbird Bakery ~ a joy from cover to cover, both for the recipes and as a coffee table read.
Y Cake Chic - Peggy Porschen ~ any of Peggy's books are a must, the 'Christian Louboutin' of cakes!
Y Magnolia Bakery Cookbook ~ no cupcake devotee would be without a Magnolia. Sex & the City catapulted the cupcake to stardom and a trip to New York would be incomplete without a stop off at 401 Bleecker Street.
Y Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey ~ not a specific cupcake book, but a feast on the taste buds and a must for a sweet tooth!
Y Crabapple Bakery Cupcake Book ~ a real hidden gem. recipes are a joy and the names are sumptuous....
currently on my wish list is Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery..... it may just fall in the shopping basket this month!... the highlighted titles will take you to a detailed review & more pics, enjoy!
what's your favorite cupcake book?
ps.. the highlighted titles will take you to a detailed review & more pics, enjoy!

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm a sucker for a cupcake book too.

I was disappointed the Magnolia Bakery ones don't have many pictures in them though but Sticky, Chewy is a feast for the eyes - have you ever made anything from it?

Have a great weekend,

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

They all look brilliant and make me feel like getting the mixer out. I've only got 1 cupcake book and its called Cupcakes by Susannah Blake, some gorgeous cakes in it. I have to admit tho' I'm a big Nigella fan and have all her cookbooks and can spend hours watching her on the telly (how sad am I ha ha) Yola x

Kelly said...

I soo want that Peggy Porshcen book!

Lots of Love

Kelly xxxx

Archies Mum said...

Hi Teresa Sorry but its me again. Was just browsing through the web and came across this link and thought of you. Hope you don't mind http://www.cupcakeemporium.co.uk/home.htm