Sunday, 3 February 2013

A walk in the park!

During my week in New York it was not without a little drama, some of it involving men in uniform!... ( alas no Navy boys but the NYFD and NYPD!) and a little brush with a news crew!
Early on the Wednesday morning I crossed across the park heading up towards the Upper West side. I was on route to Michaels & TJMaxx home store (great for craft and home bargains) The sun was shinning and it felt like an autumn day instead of a day early in December!
 As I strolled through the park, getting nearer to me exit it was evident that something was happening as there where a large number of police about. Many years ago Central Park had a reputation for
being a dangerous place to be, especially after dark and away from the tourist sites, ( and watching too many CSI New York and Law & Order!) Over the last 15 years it has become one of the most popular and safest places to be and I have never felt unsafe in all the times that I have spent walking through its many avenues and forests.
Due to the volume of yellow Police Do Not Cross tape which was about, I had inadvertently stumbled on a crime scene!

What amazed me was with all the police activity going on, people were still going about their daily habits, walking their dog, chatting in the children's playgroud, and laughing over a latte. As I exited on 103rd street I was approached by a reporter and camera crew from Eyewitness news. I was asked if I was a resident, what had I seen and did I feel safe. Apparently a domestic situation had arisen between a man and a women, the female had been stabbed in front of their son and the man then went on the run in the park!... Alas I didn't make the news, Here's  the clip from the evenings news! the man was captured, the female was transported to hospital with her son with minor injuries. Just a normal walk through the park!

No comments:

Sunday, 3 February 2013

A walk in the park!

During my week in New York it was not without a little drama, some of it involving men in uniform!... ( alas no Navy boys but the NYFD and NYPD!) and a little brush with a news crew!
Early on the Wednesday morning I crossed across the park heading up towards the Upper West side. I was on route to Michaels & TJMaxx home store (great for craft and home bargains) The sun was shinning and it felt like an autumn day instead of a day early in December!
 As I strolled through the park, getting nearer to me exit it was evident that something was happening as there where a large number of police about. Many years ago Central Park had a reputation for
being a dangerous place to be, especially after dark and away from the tourist sites, ( and watching too many CSI New York and Law & Order!) Over the last 15 years it has become one of the most popular and safest places to be and I have never felt unsafe in all the times that I have spent walking through its many avenues and forests.
Due to the volume of yellow Police Do Not Cross tape which was about, I had inadvertently stumbled on a crime scene!

What amazed me was with all the police activity going on, people were still going about their daily habits, walking their dog, chatting in the children's playgroud, and laughing over a latte. As I exited on 103rd street I was approached by a reporter and camera crew from Eyewitness news. I was asked if I was a resident, what had I seen and did I feel safe. Apparently a domestic situation had arisen between a man and a women, the female had been stabbed in front of their son and the man then went on the run in the park!... Alas I didn't make the news, Here's  the clip from the evenings news! the man was captured, the female was transported to hospital with her son with minor injuries. Just a normal walk through the park!

No comments: