Friday, 22 February 2013

Bard & Burgers...

A couple of Fridays ago I had managed to secure a ticket to the critically acclaimed  Kiss me Kate at the 'Old Vic'... With a couple of hours to fill, my other must for the evening was to grab a burger at the recently opened and Time Out featured "Patty & Bun" .Patty & Bun is a tiny restaurant a stones throw from work and after my first visit I am confident this won't be my last.
The ambiance has a real old school feel, with wooden tables & chairs and lots of brown Kraft paper! The burger was delicious, melt in the mouth perfect accompanied with rosemary salted fries.
As I ate the queue outside was building,  but there was no pressure from the servers for you to hurry which I really liked. Fab atmosphere, delicious food, definitely worth queueing for.

After some fab food, I jumped on the jubilee line to Waterloo for an evening on entertainment at the Old Vic. The theatre was beautifully lit in red, which brightened a cold wet evening.
Those that aren't familiar with the story of Kiss me Kate, it centres around a touring theatre cast who are staging Shakespeare 's Taming of the Shrew.  The theatre casts personal lives are complicated with the lead characters in the play a waring divorced couple. The play is full of fun, dance and theatre entwined with the culture of the Bard!... and the eye candy of Adam Garcia... a great night out.


No comments:

Friday, 22 February 2013

Bard & Burgers...

A couple of Fridays ago I had managed to secure a ticket to the critically acclaimed  Kiss me Kate at the 'Old Vic'... With a couple of hours to fill, my other must for the evening was to grab a burger at the recently opened and Time Out featured "Patty & Bun" .Patty & Bun is a tiny restaurant a stones throw from work and after my first visit I am confident this won't be my last.
The ambiance has a real old school feel, with wooden tables & chairs and lots of brown Kraft paper! The burger was delicious, melt in the mouth perfect accompanied with rosemary salted fries.
As I ate the queue outside was building,  but there was no pressure from the servers for you to hurry which I really liked. Fab atmosphere, delicious food, definitely worth queueing for.

After some fab food, I jumped on the jubilee line to Waterloo for an evening on entertainment at the Old Vic. The theatre was beautifully lit in red, which brightened a cold wet evening.
Those that aren't familiar with the story of Kiss me Kate, it centres around a touring theatre cast who are staging Shakespeare 's Taming of the Shrew.  The theatre casts personal lives are complicated with the lead characters in the play a waring divorced couple. The play is full of fun, dance and theatre entwined with the culture of the Bard!... and the eye candy of Adam Garcia... a great night out.


No comments: