Thursday, 28 February 2013

Books in the City...

I have many favourites in New York, but this place stole my heart 15 years ago and still holds it now. It is the New York Library. Beautiful architecture, stunning decor and Books to drool over this has all my favourites in one building sitting in the middle of New York City... It couldn't be more perfect.
On every visit as I climb the steps ( guarded by the iconic marble Lions Patience and Fortitude)my heart beats a little faster as I know what I will see as I enter.... A grand hallway flanked either side by two marble stairways ( now iconically famous for Carrie fleeing her aborted wedding to Big in Sex & the City) and then room after room of books...
As you wander from room to from its hard to believe that this is a working library.... even with the introduction of wifi, PC's and laptops it doesn't distract you from the stunning decor and classic bookshelves.
As you can see from the photos the building was elegantly and aesthetically styled for the holiday season, it bought comfort and cheer to an overcast drizzly morning in New York.
This is a must for any book lover on a visit to New York, you will not be disappointed. Situated just around the corner from Grand Central Station, in front of Bryant Park it's a fashionistas must venue at New York fashion week... VB using it to showcase her collection for the past 2 fashion weeks... A "must visit" for the book reading fashionista sex & the city girl...

No comments:

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Books in the City...

I have many favourites in New York, but this place stole my heart 15 years ago and still holds it now. It is the New York Library. Beautiful architecture, stunning decor and Books to drool over this has all my favourites in one building sitting in the middle of New York City... It couldn't be more perfect.
On every visit as I climb the steps ( guarded by the iconic marble Lions Patience and Fortitude)my heart beats a little faster as I know what I will see as I enter.... A grand hallway flanked either side by two marble stairways ( now iconically famous for Carrie fleeing her aborted wedding to Big in Sex & the City) and then room after room of books...
As you wander from room to from its hard to believe that this is a working library.... even with the introduction of wifi, PC's and laptops it doesn't distract you from the stunning decor and classic bookshelves.
As you can see from the photos the building was elegantly and aesthetically styled for the holiday season, it bought comfort and cheer to an overcast drizzly morning in New York.
This is a must for any book lover on a visit to New York, you will not be disappointed. Situated just around the corner from Grand Central Station, in front of Bryant Park it's a fashionistas must venue at New York fashion week... VB using it to showcase her collection for the past 2 fashion weeks... A "must visit" for the book reading fashionista sex & the city girl...

No comments: